Swap Gallery - Official - 2015/09/28

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
In order to make it easy on everyone, just email the pictures of your completed projects to webmaster@familywoodworking.org and I'll add them to this post.

Feel free to comment if you wish, but if you send me the pictures, I'll make sure they all end up in these first few posts.

NameCompleted
Bill ArnoldX
Glenn BradleyX
Jeff BowerX
Charles HansX
Leo VoisineX
Dan MooneyX
Brent DowellX
Toni CiuranetaX
Tom NiemiX
Roger TulkX
Jim DelaneyX
Dan NorenX
Ryan MooneyX
Bob GibsonX
Ted CalverX
Robert JohnsonX
David JohnsonX
Tom BauguesX
Vaughn McMillanX
Jonathan ShivelyX
Steve BellingerX
Terry QuiramX
Bob HorkyX
Jim BurrX

Maker :Charles Hans
P1040893 (1).jpg

Maker: Dan Noren
17 with 2 coats of shellac.jpg

Maker: Toni Ciuraneta
IMG_5082.jpg

Maker: Dan Mooney
Pic.01.jpg

Maker: David Johnson
IMG_20150910_170241.jpg

Maker: Stephen Bellinger

Maker: Bill Arnold
ba_03.jpgba_04.jpgba_01.jpgba_02.jpg

Last edited:
Maker: Glenn Bradley
Materials: Maple, bubinga and ebony
Glennswap-2 (39).jpgGlennswap-2 (40).jpg

Maker: Brent Dowell
Materials: Maple, Mineral oil, Paraffin wax, Stainless Steel, Photons....
20150924-IMG_1910.jpg

Maker: Robert Horky
Materials A: Walnut body, Ash legs, General Finishes HP topcoat
RobertHorky001.jpg
Materials B: Hardboard bottom painted gloss black, spalted poplar base, Walnut uprights and holders, Walnut clips dyed ebony black with General Finishes dye, General Finishes HP topcoat.
RobertHorky002.jpg

Maker: Jim Delaney
Materials: The slab is Beech. Walnut, maple, cherry and ebony (the eye) were used for the chickadee, walnut for the pine cones, and dyed poplar for the twigs. It took a first in class (blue ribbon) at the Canfield, Ohio, fair. (Second largest fair in Ohio. Second only to the state fair, but they don’t do woodworking.)
Jim Delaney Swap Project.jpg

Maker: Tom Baugues
TomBaugues.jpg

Maker: Vaughn McMillan
Material: Cherry
DSC_7420T 600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maker: Terry Quiram
Omega rollerball with upgraded refill and Omega fountain pen. The fountain pen comes with 1 pre-filled cartridge and 1 refillable cartridge that allows you to use the ink of your choice. The Omegas were purchased from a UK supplier. These pens have Terry's signature serpentine blanks in curly maple and walnut.

terry_q_02.jpg terry_q_01.jpg

Maker: Jeff Bower
Material: Spalted Maple
jeff_bower_1.jpg jeff_bower_2.jpg jeff_bower_3.jpg

Maker: Ted Calver
Material: Cherry

TURNING-2105_030 800.jpg TURNING-2105_027C 800.jpg TURNING-2105_034C 800.jpg

Last edited:
Maker: Jonathan Shively
Material: Antler

JonathanShively4.jpgJonathanShively1.jpgJonathanShively2.jpgJonathanShively3.jpg

Maker : Roger Tulk
Material : Spalted Maple

RogerTulk2.JPGRogerTulk1.JPG

Maker : Ryan Mooney
Material : A bunch of cool stuff

RyanMooney4.jpgRyanMooney1.jpgRyanMooney2.jpgRyanMooney3.jpg

Last edited:
Maker : Tom Niemi
Material : Michigan Chocolate.
TomNiemi2.jpgTomNiemi3.jpgTomNiemi4.jpgTomNiemi1.jpg

Maker : Robert Johnson
Material : Metal and wood

RobertJohnson1.jpg

Maker : Bob Gibson
Materials : Various
BobGibson3.jpgBobGibson1.jpgBobGibson2.jpg

Last edited:
Maker : Leo Vosine
Materials : Wood and Computer Magic.
lv2.jpglv3.jpglv1.jpg

Maker : Jim Burr
Materials : Wood and Brass
Pepper.Grinder.jpgBullet.Pen.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is ready to go. I am bringing it with me to Indiana, to speed up the process, and save a little money. Postal rates to the US are high from Canada. It is going to Tom Bagues, and I would take it to him in person if Lafayette were an hour closer to where I will be, in Warsaw.

Mine is ready to go. I am bringing it with me to Indiana, to speed up the process, and save a little money. Postal rates to the US are high from Canada. It is going to Tom Bagues, and I would take it to him in person if Lafayette were an hour closer to where I will be, in Warsaw.
Hi Roger, Warsaw is about two hours from me. I'm working most of this weekend anyway but looking forward to seeing what you came up with for the swap. Now I'm excited!

Bump!

If we've missed adding any pictures, Please let me know so we can add them and update the status board!

Thanks!

And A final Bump.

Just a friendly reminder that if you haven't sent your project yet, well, If you'd get it sent out soon, that would be awesome.

And we still have a few packages that have been sent, but we have not seen acknowledgement by the recipients.

If you did get a package and haven't posted about it, Please make a post indicating that you have gotten it so that our makers will know if the packages made it there safely or not.

If you haven't received a package, send an email to webmaster@familywoodworking.org and we'll see what we can do to get things straightened out.

Thanks everyone for making this a great swap!

Last edited: