Stacked Text - Practice

Thanks Guys.

Very good, Darren! I like the way you arranged the layout!!!

Yeah, had to play around with this one being that it was such a short name. It only came out to 10" x 10" (including the frame). I'm going to have to run to some of the paint stores to find some gel stains, I've not seen any at the box stores lately.

That is really neat.. Can this be sit up where you just change the names sorta like changing a variable in source code?
Standard set of patterns with new names and dates?

Also is this with your JRGO or have you upgraded?

Garry

That is really neat.. Can this be sit up where you just change the names sorta like changing a variable in source code?
Standard set of patterns with new names and dates?

Also is this with your JRGO or have you upgraded?

Garry

Yup, this is the JGRO machine I updated a while back, been very happy with the upgrades. I do have some flex in my X axis, which I'm working around by running a light final pass on everything. I think the pro version of vcarve supports scripting, but because the name lengths vary and such and I've found need tweaking, I'm not sure it would be worth creating scripts for it. After you've gone through the steps Bill posted a couple of times it's pretty quick to output some new designs.

Thanks Darren...

I need to look at the process one of these days.

Been using my little cnc the last couple of days to make end plates for a capacitor kit I bought... I bought the new Millwizard a year or so back. I wish I would have spent the money towards aspire products.. However I was thinking I cnc my mill some day. I think the years are to far along for that project as far behind as I am on everything else..

Had to give this a shot.

I like Bills steps better than the lengthy tutorial I found.

Not that bad once you get the concept of 'welding' down.

BrentSharon.jpg

Had to give this a shot.

I like Bills steps better than the lengthy tutorial I found.

Not that bad once you get the concept of 'welding' down.

View attachment 93007

Pretty easy, also I've found that if you forget to group the letters after you convert them to curves, they don't weld correctly in most cases. That looks great, can't wait to see the actual item. I've done 3 others since my wedding ones, need to get some stain on them.

You have your machine cutting already, Brent?

Still collecting little bits and parts. The last of the assorted screws and things I need should be here tomorrow. Should have it cutting this weekend.

Just wanted to make sure it was all put together the way I really want it before I start playing with it, or else I figured I might never really 'finish' it up the way I want it.

I've got about 3 projects lined up to work on.

1) Dust Boot
2) This sign
3) Lighted Address sign for down at the end of the driveway.