Nothing!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Will make you cry, like the sound of your Dad's voice after he's been in a coma for 3 days. He went to a doctor's visit on Thursday, which quickly noticed something wasn't right and rushed him to the ER. Within an hour he had gone from some stroke like symptoms to the coma. After Cat-scans and MRI's they determined that there was no stroke and started running other tests. It seems he had gotten a meningitis or infection of some sort that was affecting his brain.

So after a concoction of antibiotics and rest, he's been slowly coming out of the coma. Looks like he'll be moving to a TSU unit tomorrow, and is quickly improving.

Man, what a scare! Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction. Sending my best for him and the rest of the family.

Wow sorry to hear the news. Best wishes sent to you and family. Sounds like he has turned the corner and is on the road to recovery I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thank you all, things are continuing to improve. He just finished a very large breakfast, first food in 4 days, may get released this week.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm late with my well wishes for your dad....

I know the feeling you had when he woke...

when my wife had her little stroke, she slept for almost 24 hours and I never was so glad to see her eyes open again... she'd had a blood infection that required 4 months in hospital and nursing center... finally got her home just 10 days before the stroke... fortunately it was minor, but still has left her with a slight speech problem and allowed the infection to come back and attach itself to her mitral valve in her heart -- so open heart surgery.... she's been home about 18 months now and continues to gain strength... but the infection left her permanently in pain with some deteriorated discs that allowed a couple of the vertebrae in her back to fuse... doctors say surgery won't help and they won't risk it because of danger to her spine.

I add my well wishes to his continued recovery.