How's the water? Think I'll be joining you fellers.

Congrats Brent. Hope u have a place worked out in your shop for it. ;)
Like all u purchased especially the rail lengths.
Would you talk a bit about why you settled for this specific brand please.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

To be honest, the OX, Shapeoko, and X-Carve are all very similar in design, and similar in pricing, it seems to me.

The main reasons I went with the OX

• The extrusion is a standard item that can be ordered by the foot. Should I decide to modify it, parts are easily sourced
  • While I've had fun with grbl on my laser, I like the looks of the TinyG control board. I could have gotten whatever controller I wanted, but the tinyg just sounded more robust http://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/TinyG-or-grblShield
  • Dual sets of wheels on the gantry. For spanning a longer distance, seems a bit more rigid.
  • upgraded to 'extreme solid wheels'. I don't know what the shapeoko offers, but this seemed to offer just another little be less flex.

I think they are all fine machines, but this machine just seemed to be a little more configurable in the long run. I was going to source all the parts, but when I found that SMW3D offered it all boxed up as a kit for less than I could buy the parts separately along with a set of plates, well, that's when I placed the order.