About time I get my rear in gear!!!

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Finally decided on what I am building for the swap, LOTS of great projects already done and I hope mine will somewhat measure up to them:eek:

First is to choose what wood, some decisions to be made here
IMG_0308.jpg
Yep, I think this will do just fine
IMG_0309.jpg
Don't ya just love what can be hiding in a board:)
IMG_0310.jpg

More to come later:)

Just two things:
* your lumber storage is WAY to organized
* you do have 51 days until the USA Thanksgiving deadline ... and I don't know how many days to subtract for shipping time (never good at math)

I do agree, the color and grain will prove interesting. I'll be watching for sure.

Procastination is making its way on FWW members... Oh yes... there is still plenty of time, no rush at all... maybe tomorrow if I have time... let's see... mhhmm...

In a week and a half I have fall break. With this "balanced calendar" that our school went to, I will have a full week off for fall break. I have wood ready to split and plan on doing that all week. During times of resting, I plan on making my swap items. I have run many things through my head, have decided on what I am making, how to make it, what it will be made of and so it is now just the actual doing. The lean to is almost completely empty (beside my shop) and we are going to install the heating system and dust collector. I will post those additions to my shop on my original shop build. Tom, back to your swap build now, sorry for the interruption. Say hi to Joy for me! :wave:

Well, I made it by the skin of my teeth, my project is complete and will be in the hands of the big brown truck tomorrow. I will post pics tomorrow also. Thanks for running this swap Toni, it's been fun:)

Well Tom, you might have won that procrastination contest! I have Ted's bowl and Roger has my pens, so, I don't want to rush things, but errrr, yep, think you won this round on the procrastinators contest!!! But knowing your work and having been in your kitchen, the wait will be worth it to the person that gets your creation!

It is officially in the hands of big brown and will reach its destination Monday:) All went fine until gluing on the hinges and somehow on the left hinge I had a small gap:bang: Oh well, its not terrible but totally flustrated me. It is all made from one board with the exception of the bottom. hope it is excepted OK as I have seen what they sent out and mine does not equal. Thanks again Toni:thumb:
IMG_0900.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0905.jpgIMG_0908.jpg