Friday - so soon!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
My last Friday here! Yea. All systems are go (almost) for discharge on next Wednesday.

Yesterday I discovered my car won't start. Think it is the battery. Have to find someone to put a battery charger on and see what's up.

Many life changes coming up but I will find a way to make it all work. If stamina hangs with me, next Friday I hope to report on working on my CNC plans for next Saturday. Can't keep up with Brent, but I can stay in the game.

WooHoo!

Today I'm finishing some projects to be delivered soon. Yes, CNC is very involved! I'll post them when the topcoats are dry.

Saturday will be a bit of shop time - still a lot of re-organizing and cleaning to do.

Sunday should be our usual: brunch, NASCAR, being lazy!

As it's Thanksgiving Weekend, I'll be taking some time with my family. My son and son-in-law are taking me for a golf game on Sunday. They decided to postpone my annual humiliation from Father's Day to Thanksgiving. If the weather cooperates, I am very close to finishing up my canoe, which I will then ship out as my contribution to the swap. :p

Not sure yet, Mom wants to come over and go do something.. The antique airplane and car museum is opening their doors saturday and supposedly starting a few old cars which might be interesting. Might get down to the river and glean some walnuts - there are some feral ones that are real nice and sweet that no one ever picks. Hopefully will get phase 2 of the swap done and maybe a couple more spoons and who knows what else.

Other than that we're still a livin!

My bride is in Vegas so I'm getting a sitter for the little girl tonight and taking the 14 year old out for a movie and hang out with dad night since he's really missed that since his little sister came along!! Tomorrow I'm thinking I'll take both of them to the Tulsa State Fair and then recover for the remainder of the weekend. Have to go pick up the wife from the airport at about midnight Sunday night so that should be fun. :)

Heading to the country tonight for a bonfire, food, hayrack rides and more fall fun. Need to get going on my swap project this weekend as well as get started on xmas ornaments for upcoming holiday shows. Sunday will be rest and football.

My weekend has 4 days.

Today painted the front door - part of the remodel project.

Today I will tear my shop apart and convert it to family gathering space.

Tomorrow is the family reunion day

Sunday is a wedding day and put my shop back together.

Monday - hopefully - work on the swap project I have one more panel that needs SIGNIFICANT CNC work. The other panels have CNC but just easy stuff.

Tuesday - back to work. YECH - 4-1/2 years to go before I get MY time.
What I do for a living is very interesting, not at all mundane, but it is NOT MY time.

Waging war on the cabbage butterflies and their offspring, which are eating my kale and collards. Going to paint some trim (or at least that's what she said). Trying to figure out how to bend and unbend fret wire for the cigar box guitar finger board. Oh, and according to the doc I will be spending some time on the elliptical.:p

Sleep, need sleep, but will be Sunday before I see any. Dad got released from the hospital, 100% improvement, but he's still a little partly cloudy from the meds, so he and mom are staying at my sisters across town this week so we can all help out if they need any. I've got a wedding sign to finish up tonight and tomorrow morning, get some oil changed, attend the wedding reception, and probably closing the pool on Sunday.

I ran into problems mounting the huge doors on one side of the big box Im making for my son, and my back is killing me from moving the boxes around, laying on floor to attach hinges, etc......so tomorrow hes coming over and he will assist me so I can get the doors sized and installed to prepare for final finishing, because I want to spray it and get it out of my shop, I can do nothing else with it there.
I have a dozen projects that I need to get going. Not to mention I need to turn pens and bottle stoppers, and Id like to get going on some bowls.....wish I had dans energy.

probably be nice working with my son tomorrow fiddling around with the doors, been a long time since we worked together on a project

Well, everybody is getting something done. Cool. Last week the car my long time live in girlfriend drives starting giving some major problems. I got it fixed and more probs arose. So, I got mad and we went down to the Ford House and I bought her a new Fusion. She likes it. I'm happy she likes it. Seeing she does the major part of the driving, she needed something reliable. My 2nd checking account is a lot thinner than it was, but the problem has been solved and all is happy and well. Now, I get back to turning tomorrow, which is what I am happiest doing.

Spent Friday night here with the Donohoe & Grimes Project:

Dragonhorn%20Marquee%20Cropped%209%20October%202015.jpg

Had a great crowd and a fun time. We're looking forward to the Halloween bash that's coming up on the 30th. This will be the 9th year the band has played for the Dragonhorn Halloween party. (My third year with them). It's always one of the best Halloween parties in town. :thumb:

Saturday morning we're heading out to the mountains about an hour from here to attend a wedding ceremony and the afternoon celebration that will follow.

Sunday I'll be installing a doggie door for a friend, and then a former co-worker is coming by to buy a gift for her brother. She's going to look through some of the turned pieces I have for sale in hopes of finding a suitable gift. (So see, there's a little woodworking involved in my weekend.) :)

Yesterday was mu usual market day... could as well have stayed home... One sale - a $50 bowl that just covered the booth fee and the $20 in gas I put in the truck... didn't even sell enough to get a tamale from the tamale vendor down the street....

But the Vols won their foot ball game and beat Georgia ---- :D:D:D:D