who knows LOL

Just another art piece, that can be used as a box.:) The crest sitting on top ain't glued on yet, as i'm not real sure about it at this moment. It is fashioned after a Roman officers helmet's crest. Also it needs the lacquer to cure so i can buff and wax, but thought i'd see what ya all thought first. So please tell me what you honesty think before i get carried a way like i usually do:rofl: Thanks001 (800x579).jpg002 (800x571).jpg003 (800x739).jpg

Neat piece, I like how you keep throwing in curve balls.

The crest seems maybe to large? I'm not sure it's about the right size for the bowl, but the lid off smaller and the crest kind of overwhelms it. Maybe if it was taller and about the same size it would fit in better? As it sits it's kind of on the line between the lid and the bowl which pulls the eye askew a bit there I think.

I like it. :thumb: Beautiful wood, and think the crest is a cool addition. To me, the rim of the bowl part seems a little heavy in proportion to the foot of the pedestal, but that might just be the pics throwing my eye off. Still pretty dang good for an old beat-up carpenter from Tennessee. :D

I love it, Steve. I think the proportions are just fine. I think the mass of the crest compliments the thickness of bowl. Perfect to my eye. As usual, your artist's eye creates another gem! I hope you have gallery somewhere that is selling these for you.

Charles: this sits real steady on the table, just went and shook the table, and nope didn't even try to fall over.:)
Ryan: i really do try not to do the same thing very often, and when i do, i try to at least change it up a little.
Bill: thanks man.
Vaughn: i resemble that remark.:rofl:
Carol:No gallery, did have a place that sold some of my pieces, but they moved to Canada>
Chuck: so glad i could help keep ya busy.:rofl::rofl:
Bob: Man i would send it to ya, but the mail man would most likely loose it.:rofl:
Thanks all for the friendship we have here.:thumb::thumb::thumb: