another item for the wife

Dan Noren

Staff member
one more item before going into designbernation mode for the fall and winter. my wife :blah: reminded me that she wanted something for the birthday for the daughter of one of her friends. she said that she wanted something
with roses in it, the girl's name, and happy birthday and god bless (in spanish, mind you). i had some time last night to knock this together, and it passed her inspection. the name is spelled correctly, they spell christina without the
h in latin countries. on a small scale, i tried the fill option for parts of the engraving, to get the shading for some of the small squares. the doc is .012"

Attachments

• mrsign2.jpg
    mrsign2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 52
Looks good, Dan!

But what's this about "designbernation"? I have a way of using harsh weather - you know, when it's below 45° to design stuff I can never get built in the next 10 years!!! :rolleyes:

Well, pop calls the ball for when he wants to clean up the garage for the winter. Tis time to reorganize the benches and blow the dust off. Then its kick back and plot and plan for next spring.

Well, pop calls the ball for when he wants to clean up the garage for the winter. Tis time to reorganize the benches and blow the dust off. Then its kick back and plot and plan for next spring.

"Father Knows Best" for sure!

Have a nice Winter up there. I'll think about you when I'm mowing our lawn at New Year's. :rofl:

while i was working on the bathroom towel cabinet, i got this running on the cnc yesterday. worked out pretty good. did two passes, the second doing the cleanup duties. sanded by hand with 220, and now oiled. going to give it a coat of sealer, and then a bit of gel stain to make the engraving pop.

Attachments

• 001 carved and oiled.jpg
    001 carved and oiled.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 17
Great job on the plaque, Dan. :thumb:

Did you have to get a special plugin for your CNC software to get it to write in Spanish? :D

got the coat of sealer on it, and the wipe on/off of the gel stain. going to give it a good rub with 150, then 220.

Attachments

• 002 after sealer.jpg
    002 after sealer.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 003 after gel stain.jpg
    003 after gel stain.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 7