Gotta get back to the lathe

Frank Fusco

Shameful how my shop has been ignored. It misses me and I miss it.:eek:
Got a bit of encouragement yesterday. I used to sell shop made items, mostly turned, at a large gift shop in Little Rock. A few years ago they had a break in and the case my items were displayed in was ransacked and everything stolen.:eek: Nothing else in the shop was bothered, only my stuff. I guess that is some kind of compliment.
For a variety of reasons my shop time has dropped off. But the inquiry I got yesterday said people have been asking for my duck calls. Didn't know I was famous. After almost three years my calls were specifically requested.
So, I'm going to restart making them. There will be an improvement however. My new calls (in most woods) will be stabilized. That will give them the qualities of acrylic with moisture protection and durability. But, the natural wood color and beauty will remain.
For the curious......first I will turn then stabilize. That will save solution and insure penetration.

Glad to see you're going to get back at it, Frank. :thumb: Looking forward to seeing some photos of the finished products.