Amazing! Friday again.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
How quickly time flies!

First Friday of freedom. Probably more on my list than I can handle today. Bunch of errands and medical appointments to make for the next week or two.

Cyndi Drozda, finial queen and woodturner extraordinaire, will be here this weekend. I was one of the first people to sign up for her two day workshop and have had to back out. But she is doing a presentation tomorrow I plan to see. That will probably do me in for the day.

I am truly bummed, but I will be in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber during her workshop time on Monday and Tuesday. 2 hours a day, five days a week, for the next 8 weeks. I was introduced to it yesterday. Essentially it is a big glass tube. No real sense of enclosure. Can watch movies or nap. I am betting I can't say awake long enough to see the end of the movie. :rofl:

Will get to go back to work on Sunday for a bit. Likely will not stay the entire morning. Wading in slowly.

So good to be home!

Good to hear things are progressing smoothly Carol. I think we've got the grandson most of the weekend, but planning to get the pool closed finally and take care of some outdoor stuff. I may need to mow, but it's been so dry here lately that I'm not sure I will. Will get some more time in with the cnc, planning to make a dust boot for it this weekend. Also going to work on some garage and shop cleanup to get ready for winter.

I get some shop time tonight until around 8pm then smores for 5-6 kids and parents on the firepit. Saturday will be yard work, flag football then some time with the daughter, probably a movie, as the wife will be out of town. Sunday will be shop time, chili and Packer football.

I'm continuing with some shop cleanup and re-organizing - gotta sort through more cutoffs and see what's worth keeping and what can go in the smoker bucket.

Saturday will be more of the same along with adding an electrical outlet in our lawn equipment building so I can put a battery charger on my ZTR mower.

Sunday will be the usual rut: brunch, chill, NASCAR, chill, etc.

Weekend?? I'll figure something out. Time to start thinking about the swap project. Can't decide whether it's to be flat or round. More work on the CBG, now that the marker dots have arrived. (Seven days for a first class package from Ohio--seems a bit long)

Carol like the old saying, "there's no place like home".

This is the first year for a "balanced" calendar for our school which mainly means less time off in the summer in one stretch but more timely breaks throughout the year. Fall break is next week and I have to get my winter supply of wood split and hauled to the stove area. And following Ted's lead, I am going to start and finish my swap project next week.

We found Eric's buck yesterday, 12 pointer, over 140" deer. Got the fever to get out and do some sitting, I put the ground blind out before season started but haven't sat in it. Tomorrow night.

I just went out to do a little finishing work on my canoe, and it immediately started to hail. Like, as soon as I stepped onto the porch. If the weather settles, I may get some real work done on the boat and finish it before snow comes. Well, we may get some snow this weekend, so that may be asking a bit much.

my son messed up my plans this weekend.

I was going to spray the unit today and tomorrow if needed, and load it up sunday morning and get it over there so I can have room to work in my shop. Its near impossible with a finished product to move lumber without fear of denting it or scratching it. Its huge.

He told me 2 days ago, no, no good this weekend dad......hes going on a weeklong cruise.
so now the unit may be stuck in my garage until the 31ST! :eek::doh:
Hes not around during the week to assist me, and I have no clue how its getting up his staircase, not my problem.

Im cutting him some slack, its his 33rd birthday today.

man, Im getting old.

Fridays certainly fly by in a hurry. It seems like just yesterday I was looking at the same post. Time does fly when you're having fun.
Trying to reorganize shop but when I make one change I decide to do something else or enlarge the idea. Just keep plugging along. Even when I have plans I feel a change is in order. On well it makes shop time enjoyable.
Happy week end to all. We get to celebrate Maple Leaf celebration this weekend. Fall colors are here and fallis on its way.

David

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some friends in Estancia, NM (about an hour away from here) for the Rotary Club's 20th annual Punkin' Chunkin' event. I went a couple of years ago but I got there towards the end of the day and missed most of the action. Tomorrow, we'll be getting there earlier to see more flying pumpkins. :D :thumb: Probably cooking a pork loin on the grill after we get back home.

Sunday is shaping up to be a busy mix of chores, yard work, visits, helping move a freezer, and who knows what all else.

The boy (14) has been on fall break since yesterday. He has a friend over for the weekend so we all took a turn on the elliptical this morning then went to town and took my bride to lunch. We trimmed trees all afternoon and I showed the boys how to drive the poppin' Johnny and the pickup. They drug all the branches I cut (probably 15 trees worth of trimming) close to the fire pit so we can cut them up and burn 'em. Then we threw the football around for awhile and they wanted to play a game outside so I taught them Kick the Can, hadn't played that in 30 years!!! Lots of fun and exercise and only a little computer and video game time. I'm taking them out to the shop tomorrow to make some signs for their rooms and maybe a little woodworking while I'm at it! :-D

We're off to the Goosebump movie in about an hour and then I'm betting they fall in bed asleep soon after we get home! lol

Looks like I have a little free time this weekend. Going to try and get the motors moving on the OX, and I have quite a few other chores around the ranch to work on. Just glad it's not filled with work/work.

Well my week has been in turmoil since our Thanksgiving Monday. Son has been in hospital all week and I am sitting now waiting for the doc to arrive to discharge him. Was supposed to arrive 7am I said yeah right!!! And its now 9:40am and no sign.
Then we have to drive him home, clean him up and drive him and his car to Kingston in time for him to meet with a RN to provide him with a mobile antibiotic pack. This way he can go back to school.
I think he learnt something from this dramatic episode about what can happen if you don't attend and to injuries specifically cuts and grazes properly. Who knows took his father two motor cycle accidents and two bouts in hospital to give them a miss. Hope its not a case of like father like son.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

As per usual I'll know what I'm doing sometime after its done. You guys are all so organized with plans and stuff!

Just glad it's not filled with work/work.

You know better than to temp fate like that!!! :eek:o

Rob, hope your son heals up good and learned the lesson (certainly unconvinced I have but I'm better at debriding my own wounds now anyway).

well I just started my busy time with Medicare open enrollment so my weekends and weeks with be busy until after thanksgiving, but he the money's good and I do enjoy helping folks so life is good.
I will take time out on Sundays for church and watching my Arizona Cardinals...

I superivised set build for the local high school theater group. Fun to work with the kids with some real time 3d problem solving and teamwork. Finished drilling shelf pin holes in one kitchen cabinet and put some shelves in at temporary heights for SWMBO to adjust for real. Now to take a shower and do some software dev for work. Tmw recover from today and more work stuff and possibly see the movie "The Martian" with my wife.