bug spray that works for crickets

allen levine

over the past few years, my home and my work shop/garage has been taken over by crickets/and or camel/cave crickets, the ones that jump at you as their defense mechanism.
Neither crickets or jumping crickets are harmful to us, but I don't like sharing my living or working space with them.
Especially the jumpers.
ONe year, I put out glue traps and was catching 30 a day(in my crawl space and garage).Ech.

this year, around 2 months ago, I sprayed once a month with this stuff, I purchased at Home depot, and now, each day I go into the garage, I just find 2 or 3 dead ones laying on the floor.
I haven't had more than 2 crickets in my house this year.....as compared to finding them every day since they were nice and warm in my crawl space, which I sprayed this year 3 times since mid summer before they hatch the eggs.(or so I was told)

Just wanted to share this, as I can say it works. Id prefer them to die somewhere else, but hey, I don't mind picking up a few dead bugs now and then.

(yes, I know they eat bugs, but I don't like them)

Attachments

• bugspray 001.jpg
    bugspray 001.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 31
It's the time of year when the crickets, stink bugs and spiders try their best to get into the warm house. I've been using something called Ortho Home Defense and it seems to get the job done too. I have spent many a night sneaking around the dark house with a flashlight trying to find some noisy cricket intent on keeping us awake.

elen views a cricket similar to way most people view a great white shark while its ripping your arm off.
No, Im not kidding.
to her, they are monsters, and the jumping ones freek her out so bad she runs and hides until I kill them.

I'll have to check that stuff out and see if it works on scorpions. My wife inadvertently stepped on one in the laundry room last night. That makes a total of 19 that we've found in or around the house in the past ten months. I've asked a lot of local friends, and nobody I discussed it with has seen that many in their entire lives.

I've heard very few crickets around the yard last year or this year. They usually start up about August 1, and go until the end of September, but it's been mostly silent outside, which is a bit creepy to me. I always enjoy hearing them chirp happily away. When I am doing meditative exercises the rhythm helps me relax, and when I'm not, I just like them. We don't get them in the house, however. I don't know why, except that these are Canadian crickets, and they would ask first before coming in.

BTW, in the real (i.e. not the Disney) version of Pinocchio, Pinocchio killed the cricket.