My earlier dolls back in 2002

steve kelly

These two dolls were the last ones I carved back in 2002 P1110891.jpg P1110892.jpg ....As some of you know, I quick carving because of back and neck problems until about a year or so ago when I started back....These dolls are shorter than the ones I'm carving now which are anywhere from 22 to 27 inches. I made these dolls 17 inches high from maple wood and I made the feet bigger so that they could stand up by themselves....The hair of the girl is made from walnut. I couldn't find the pictures that I made these dolls from but the girl is a cousin of my wife and the boy is a friend of my daughters....They're both around 16 years old now....Here's another doll that I carved back in 2002 P1110905.jpg P1110911.jpg

Carol...Thank you very much for your kind words....There is a lot that I don't know about carving.....Right now I've been doing some wood burning...I did one of my wife and me together....My problem is that I have this wood burner that I sign my name with on my carvings but it not good for shading in areas and it doesn't seem to work good on maple....It didn't really turn out that good so I might have to see about getting a burning kit that has different attachments.....I've always liked Lucille Ball...I'm thinking about making a doll of her.