It's Friday! 10/23/2015 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
TGIF! Mostly doing a bunch of cleaning this weekend, yard work, and might fit in some shop time to carve out some grips. Also celebrating Xmas with my parent before they head south for the winter.

What's on your plate?

Thanks to cooler weather and no rain, I didn't have to mow our lawn this week - so, the weekend is even better already!!!

I got some brushes like Darren did for my CNC vacuum system. I did a layout for a bracket and will run a test in MDF today. Also, more shop cleanup is in order!

Saturday will be whatever urge strikes - shop organization - a couple of landscape items - who knows?

Sunday - the usual - brunch - NASCAR Talladega - be lazy!!!

Gotta come up with a swap project soon. One more coat of Waterlox on the cigar box guitar. I hate waiting 24 hours between coats. Shopping with the missus and puttering in the shop are on the weekend agenda.

Sincere condolences to your family, Roger.

Looks like a busy weekend brewing. Saturday morning I'm going to help my brother-in-law's brother-in-law (would that make him my brother-in-lala?) unload a trailer load of roof trusses. Later in the day I'll be helping a friend (and part-time employer) optimize a delivery route for her dry cleaning business. I need to dump a few hundred addresses into Google Maps and come up with logical sequences of stops, then go into the customer database and re-order the listing.

Sunday I need to put some time into the guitar. We have a couple of shows this coming week (including a big Halloween bash on Friday) and I need to make a few adjustments to my guitar rig. I also have a guitar that has been waiting for me to install a pair of new pickups. I've had the pickups for months and have been procrastinating on the installation. I want to use that guitar this next week, so I need to get off my lazy bum and get them installed. I also need to drain the swamp cooler and get it covered up for the winter. We're already getting snow on the mountains, so it's only a matter of time before the first freeze. Then of course the lawn needs mowing and I've got a bunch of tomatoes that need harvesting.

Sorry for you loss, Roger. Prayers ascend.

Today was one crazy day and I am glad it is over. Tomorrow I hope to put some time into the CNC machine and Sunday will be a short workday. My colleagues are not letting me jump back in very quickly. What a joy it is to be associated with the people I have around me now!

So sorry Roger, Condolences to you.

Looks like I have a bit of time and all the parts to get my CNC running. Had to get some bigger cable chains, and I've started installing them already.

Been playing with Vectric software and I've got a few projects (and material) ready to make some spindle brackets and dust boots for the CNC

...I also need to drain the swamp cooler and get it covered up for the winter. We're already getting snow on the mountains, so it's only a matter of time before the first freeze. Then of course the lawn needs mowing and I've got a bunch of tomatoes that need harvesting.

We had our first freeze last Sunday night. Killed off the garden and most of the flower beds, hostas, etc., so now it's yard clean-up time - along with raking/blowing/vacing up the leaves from the 25+ oak and maple trees in the yard. Busy season...

thank you for your expressions of condolence. I had known her since she was 6 years old. She was always friendly and nice, if a bit dumb, but that was part of the charm. She made a good mother for her daughter Jaelyn, and surprised us with her parenting abilities. She didn't have an easy life; never held down a decent job, married a total loser who she later left, then paired up with a nice enough guy with no future. They had a child together, after a couple of failures, and he was a devoted father, but was killed in an auto accident 8 years ago. Mhairi, my niece, had never had any major illness. She complained of heartburn a few days before Thursday, and died suddenly at home on Thursday night, of a major heart attack. She had brought coffee and food to her mother and me on Monday night, when we were working at a poll for the Federal Election. She was cheerful and happy, and brought her daughter and a couple of her friends to see us in the afternoon.

Jaelyn's grandmother has been living with us temporarily, so Jaelyn is living at my house now, until we work out where she will go from here.

It's a mess.

Thanks again. :(

heres a picture of an idiot. Me.
In the worst physical shape in my life, now not only dealing with the bum knee, but metatarsal bursitis, which is brutal, this idiot not only loaded up and delivered my sons huge box, I helped him carry it up the stairs and set it up today.
Not smart. I just wanted it out of my shop in case I want to use my shop anytime soon, and next weekend is no good for either of us.

2 pieces, each piece 81 inches high, 36.5 inches wide, and heavy, and bulky, and we just made it at the top of the stairs with the turn, Attached both together as I knew wed never get anything bigger than each individual piece up there, and then attached a one piece molding on top to just make it look a bit better.
Don't have a picture with all four doors on, I left to go home and rest, he can handle the rest without me.The closed door cabinet has 2 poles for hanging clothes. Two big boxes.

Attachments

• idiot moving cabinet.jpg
    idiot moving cabinet.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 15
  • wardrobe cab.jpg
    wardrobe cab.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 15
Seems all my weekend have varying plans. Estimates pop up, small consulting jobs but no hunting as of yet. So next weekend if all goes well I'm taking and Saturday to Tuesday to hunt.