Re:World champs

David Johnson

Re:World champs

ATTA WAY TO GO KANSAS CITY ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!! World champions with a great team effort.

I even stayed up past my bed time to watch a great game.

David

Yep. Congratulations to KC on a great Series!! They deserved the win!!!

I don't normally watch most pro sports but usually catch the Series. I'm wondering how hard the NYM manager is kicking himself in the rear for letting the starting pitcher talk him out of bringing in the closer, Familia. It looked like they had the game won until Harvey went back in and lost it for them. KC still would have taken the Series, though!

Not a big baseball guy, but happy for the Royals and KC.:thumb:

Plus it was something fun to watch instead of the Packers getting pummeled by the Broncos. :doh:

its always good to see how the rest of America roots against any NY team.
Me, personally, Im not a baseball fan, but know a little about the game and follow a bit, especially when any ny team gets into the playoffs.
than the rest.

every team deserves to be a champion, KC earned it. through hard work and great management.

It was an enjoyable series to watch, would have been a bit more exciting if there was a game or two more, but I didn't think the mets stood a chance since they won the NLCS.

as far as Im concerned, KC and NY were a great combo for a world series. We have the best bagels and pizza, and they have the best bbq.
The 2 best teams, the top comfort foods, cant go wrong.

Im wondering how many people took off from work today because of the late night this weekend with the series, then yesterday, football all day, all ny teams lost, mets lost at night, probably fans were super depressed.

Last edited:
Got a bunch of schools closing tomorrow to allow attendance to the parade...referred to as a "blue" snow day...happens every 30 years. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just got an email from my wife saying that they are closing her office early tomorrow to allow folks to go to the parade. The list of schools closing is growing, but KCMO schools said they will not be closing. :huh: I figured if anyone would be, it would have been them.

I'm about 5 miles away from the center of the action, traffic by my office is just crazy. A quick look at google maps traffic tells the story...thousands of folks headed in for the party...
SpeedTrap.jpg

Saw those last night Darren...that is amazing and crazy!! 500,000 people together and no reports of bad thing happening :thumb:...at least none that were reported around here. I can't wrap my head around going to an event that big. That's almost the entire Des Moines metro's population!!

Hi all, even after the big day (now est at 800,000) the city is still abuzz about the win. People were parking along the interstates and anything green and walking to the rally. I t was some fun,can't wait for next season.

Is that the same as the news I keep hearing that the Maple Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup. lol. Toronto needs to learn to act and do more hard work and talk less about its intentions and that goes for Basket Ball, Base Ball and Hockey.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk