Dust Deputy - Mounting Hole Patterns

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I picked up my Dust Deputy from Ace today, got it home and found a bucket to use, and measured up the hole patterns.

2015-11-07 16.45.02.jpg 2015-11-07 16.57.45.jpg

I went with a center 3 1/6" hole for the center, and six 5/16" holes centered on a 4 5/16" pattern. Did a quick drawing in vcarve, screwed the lid down in the center and zeroed out on top of the screw head (not really, just really close to it).
DustDeputyMountHoles.jpg

Still need to decide how I want to make it mobile, either on a cart for both it and the shop vac or by itself.

Attached are the vcarve and gcode files. I used a center datum (starting point), with a 1/4" depth of cut in two passes with an 1/8" two flute end mill.
View attachment DustDeputyMountHoles.crv
View attachment DustDeputyMountHoles_.125_endmill_center_datum.txt

I picked up my Dust Deputy from Ace today, got it home and found a bucket to use, and measured up the hole patterns.

View attachment 93245 View attachment 93246

I went with a center 3 1/6" hole for the center, and six 5/16" holes centered on a 4 5/16" pattern. Did a quick drawing in vcarve, screwed the lid down in the center and zeroed out on top of the screw head (not really, just really close to it).
View attachment 93248

Still need to decide how I want to make it mobile, either on a cart for both it and the shop vac or by itself.

Attached are the vcarve and gcode files. I used a center datum (starting point), with a 1/4" depth of cut in two passes with an 1/8" two flute end mill.
View attachment 93247
View attachment 93249

I love it! With my current one, I just used a hole saw and a drill, but now I can really put my CNC to use!

Thinking more about it, what I might actually do is use it to cut an MDF lid for a bucket. The plastic lids are a little flimsy, and difficult to remove.

Having an MDF lid that would fit tight to the top of the bucket with the DD on top would be pretty ideal.

Once I get it done, I'd be happy too.

I might go head and make one to retrofit my current dd. Anything that makes it easier to empty the bucket would be nice.

The more I think about it, the more I think I might make a mobile base for the CNC with builtin DC using the DD and drawers for storage.

Brent on a sandblasting cabinet video on you tube a guy cut the mdf for fitting inside the bucket given the suction tends to try pull the lid in. So consider adding it underneath on the inside of the lid.

Darren thats an excellent idea cutting it on the cnc.

Going to have to get second dd too.