Since you are family

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
..and family is a place to let the hair down.

Sometimes my job is a bit overwhelming. It is always so at times spent with families who are walking a last journey with a loved one. I am a professional and I do try to maintain some distance, but some journeys are much more difficult. Heavy heart tonight as a family I love dearly is preparing to say goodbye to a wife, Mom, and grandmother. Cancer is insidious. We all knew it was coming, but the greeting of it is no less painful when the day arrives.

Please keep your good thoughts and prayers for those making a last journey and for those of us who walk with them. Thanks for letting me say this, friends. As usual, you are the best and I am so glad you are my family.

Prayers for strength to help the family in need. Personally I don't know how you sustain the level of caring and compassion necessary for your
profession. I know it takes a special person to endure. You are that special person. The grieving family do appreciate the support.
David

I went through that with both my Mother and Father. The great blessing was I had time to thank both of them for all they had done for me, all the love they had given and to let them know how much I loved them. Nothing was left unsaid. My wife's Mother died quickly in the night and I still hear my wife saying she wishes she could have said something or done something that she did not get the chance to.

My thoughts and prayers for the family.

I'm asking God to please be with the family and alleviate their grief and distress and give them peace and harmony. They need Your aid and support more than ever. Please be with them in their time of sorrow and sadness by wrapping Your loving arms around all of them and give them comfort in knowing that you love them so much and will take care of all of them.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. The parishioner is in her final days. The family is gathering from far and wide. At this point all is being done to keep her comfortable. Thanks for letting me vent a little. All I have to give is the gift of presence. Sometimes that's enough.

Tough road that requires a special sensitivity. Thankfully there are tough, sensitive people like you to be there. Glad you also have family to support you as you deal with this. Prayers well be sent...

She passed on Tuesday. Now working with the family for the memorial service and then an interment service.

She was one awesome lady and the congregation is also hit hard with this one. Like I said, some are more difficult than others. I get to mop my own tears in between helping others with theirs. Thanks, folks, for being there for me.