Irritable Male Syndrome

OK, I thought it was just me.

You know it's a bad day when you wake up to 8 inches of snow, now power, no well water, generator a 100 yards from your home, hubby brewing coffee on the BBQ.

OK, I'll let him be cranky, today. But it's a beautiful winter wonderland :wave:
Snow 2015_2.jpg

OK, I thought it was just me.

You know it's a bad day when you wake up to 8 inches of snow, now power, no well water, generator a 100 yards from your home, hubby brewing coffee on the BBQ.

OK, I'll let him be cranky, today. But it's a beautiful winter wonderland :wave:
View attachment 93282

You left out Shade fabric on dog run ripped down, fence around the chicken run pulled over, Netting over chicken run down...

It's 10:00am and I need a nap. At least we had some instant coffee. Not quite the same as my freshly ground french roast in the morning, but any port in a storm.

Whoooeeee! Time to get out the snow machine and set up the trap line.....maybe snag a few wolverine, or lynx...or maybe just stoke up the sauna and make some nekked snow angels, or roast a few curmudgeons over an open fire.:rofl::rofl:

I'm guessing that amount of snow is kind of rare in your neck of the woods....errrr....desert? Hope all is back to normal soon!

I'm guessing that amount of snow is kind of rare in your neck of the woods....errrr....desert? Hope all is back to normal soon!

We get a few snowfall events a year, and winter can get pretty cold in the high desert, but this was a pretty good dumping. Really need the precipitation though...

Looks like a pretty day up at the Dowell Compound. :thumb:

This does seem pretty early for snow there, but a lot of prognosticators are saying we're in for an interesting winter this year. ;)

We get a few snowfall events a year, and winter can get pretty cold in the high desert, but this was a pretty good dumping. Really need the precipitation though...

Yeah that looks almost like a real snowfall! Just deep enough to be really annoying but not quite deep enough for the ski's to come out.

At least you had backup plans!! :thumb:

This was a bit of an issue. That's the chicken run. I had some shade fabric stretched across the poles and the weight of the snow pulled the concrete out of the wet ground. Granted, the concrete wasn't in all that deep due to all the rocks, but still. I used some chains and a cable winch to pull the posts back upright and braced them with some 2x4, and got rid of the shade cloth for the winter. The shade cloth in the dog run also came down. First time in all the years we've been here that that's happened.

20151110_084435.jpg

I was gonna ask how you could be so grumpy with such a pretty scene out there. Then I read on..........

As for the 'grumpy old man syndrome', by wife has a sure-fire way to break it: She just starts laughing at me! :eek::rofl:

Hold on hold on.....I am starting the men's liberation movement. You guys go with "Male " this and that syndrome, I feel we been on the back foot for toooooooo many years. Its time for push back. What about the " female hot flush" syndrome or the " female cold " syndrome or the irrational logic syndrome.
No no no I resisting these constant attacks on the male species. Bit by bit we having our "male" taken away. Guys, guys stand up rise up join the "Men's liberation movement" before its too late or maybe it is too late for some of you lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk