WTB 3/4" Wooden Dado Plane

Bill Satko

I have a project coming up that I would like to use almost all hand tools to build. Although there are ways to construct dados other than using a dado plane, they are not as quick.

My need is for 3/4" but if you have a set you want to part with, let's talk. Please no projects (like missing a nicker), I am looking for functional users.
If your set has been sitting on a dusty shelf, maybe it is time to pass it on to someone who will be busy using them and keeping them dust free.:)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Toni, I am aware of Patrick Leach as I am on his monthly email list. I will be sending him an email to keep an eye out for what I want. I already sent an email to Joshua Clark of Hyperkitten, whose email list I am also on.

I am a little reluctant of buying a woody on ebay, as although wooden planes appear simplistic there are elements of their construction that needs to be precise, otherwise there is much fettling required to make them work, i.e. the bedding of the iron. I prefer to buy one from someone that understands their use and has actually put it into practice successfully. Besides the usual pitfalls of used wooden planes, I understand from HyperKitten that you need to ensure that the plane has no twist (probably not a good thing in any type) as the dado plane runs in the groove it makes and will bind if not perfectly straight.