Funky Friday

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Cold here. 57º was the high. Winter weather watch with freeze warnings this weekend. And a bit of wind. Soup day for sure. And some rain which is good.

Had a couple of outside things to do, but decided to stay in. They can wait. Put up a shed from a kit this past weekend. My friend Marilyn came to visit and she loves this stuff. Mostly I handed her stuff and held a wrench on the other end of hardware she was attaching. I spent a lot of time sitting in a chair watching her. Few things left to square it up so the doors closely properly.

Maybe some time with the CNC build tomorrow.

Staying warm and off my foot. Trying not to catch a bug. Not good when you have an open wound.

I can just see you. When your time comes "...runnin around Heaven all day."

Please be nice, behave, etc. and get well.

By the way, if that vertical air compressor I gave you has been sitting upright all this time, the oil may have separated out and the darn thing might work. I put this in here because I thought of it again. I have meant to say this many times, but never seemed to manage to think of it when I had access to the web.

Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
Well no time for black Friday shopping for me, when I got home had to change and get stuck in painting again.
With a bit of luck we should be done this weekend. Then we can move.
Had ducts cleaned during the week and oh boy this place probably has never had it done before ever. The filter I removed from the oil furnace was beyond description. I could not believe previous owner had any circulation with it.
Had a bit of fun trying to find replacement, my luck its a non standard size.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Got freezing rain here today, got about 1/4" of ice on the trees. Made it up to the shop for about a half hour, but too cold to work, so picked up the office. Found I have a pet opossum in the shop the other day. So I put a one way door over the hole he was using under the back wall of the shop, put a block over the other one. Found he tried to dig under it and the rag I put in the hole for the other one wasn't moved, so I think he's been evicted.

Mostly been doing xmas decorating today and making new memories with the grandson, so no complaints here.

Got freezing rain here today, got about 1/4" of ice on the trees. Made it up to the shop for about a half hour, but too cold to work, so picked up the office. Found I have a pet opossum in the shop the other day. So I put a one way door over the hole he was using under the back wall of the shop, put a block over the other one. Found he tried to dig under it and the rag I put in the hole for the other one wasn't moved, so I think he's been evicted.

Mostly been doing xmas decorating today and making new memories with the grandson, so no complaints here.

"Possum's don't eat much and he was probably just trying to stay warm... biggest problem is they stink.

We had one get into the garbage can -- no idea how he climbed up a 33 gallon garbage can -- but when we found him, I just left him in for the garbage men to dump... probably would have been fun standing on the curb when they dumped the can.

This was a few years back, but I had a squirrel or pack rat using my tools for storage lockers...
nuts in saw 003.JPGnuts 002.JPGnuts in saw 001.JPG

Haven't seen them since the black snake moved under the shop .. or maybe it was the rat snake that like my thermometer.
DSCF4484.JPG

Carol,
You take it easy and let the foot heal... watch out for them bugs... they make life hard when you're trying to heal.

Last edited:
Thats too funny Chuck, i had to move my generator housing given we moving, and under it was a huge pile of pine cones off the local trees. Somebody was storing them there and i guess totally forgot about them. In our case most likely squirrels.

Oh well getting the skew look to get moving and go do more painting you all enjoy your day.

Funky Friday is right! We had steaks on "turkey day", then I put two turkeys in the smoker Friday morning. Go figger!!!

Today, Saturday, I finished transplanting some staghorn ferns and will probably throw something on my CNC shortly. Although, maybe I'll go take a nap!

Sunday? Well, I don't quite know since NASCAR season is over!!! Maybe we can find something to do.

Had Friday off as well, racked the beer (3 batches) and made ~45lbs of sausage. Need to smoke two of the sausages today and break down a turkey for smoking for lunch meat tomorrow.

I thought I would be working on Christmas presents, but "she" :bow: thought I was going to paint the front door red to keep the good chi flowing.... So, flow on chi, flow on. Making sausage and beer sounds like it might make the good chi flow too.:D

Been working on getting my wifes car ready for inspection. She has a 2003 VW Passat wagon 1.8 turbo charged. the she loves. Problem is that I can't get the engine light to stay off. It's throwing a code that says a cylinder is misfiring. It does idle a bit rough. I've replaced the coils, spark plugs, MAS, 2 cracked check valves, and still the stupid light comes back on in a few minutes. Really ticking me off. I'd get rid of the car except that she is retiring in June and we'll only need one car, I just put on 4 new tires, replaced the rotors, pads and calipers all the way around. I can't imagine what else it could be. :huh::dunno:

Got the bed for a grand daughter ready for finishing (pics to follow). Sunday is Church then shopping for the Lions Club spaghetti supper we put on for the Christmas tree lighting on the town green.

Friday I hit the music store in time to get entered in the $500 gift card drawing (didn't win, as far as I know) and picked up a couple of spare microphone cables. Spent the rest of the day choring around the house. Took down the light fixture in the kitchen and determined that it's going to be a royal pain to install the ceiling fan LOML bought months ago. Explained to LOML that the ceiling fan simply wasn't going to work. So we compromised, and I'm installing the ceiling fan anyway, lol. :doh:

Saturday morning started out at the shooting range in 37º temps with seven other hardy members of my practical shooting club. Despite the cold, we had a great time, and many. many paper and metal bad guys died horrible deaths. Saturday afternoon involved installing a new ceiling fan junction box and mounting hardware in the kitchen ceiling, followed by the first layer of drywall patching necessary to repair the hole where the old junction box was.

Sunday the plan is to do more ceiling patching and texturing, and shortening the downrod on the ceiling fan. (The fan LOML bought was made for high ceilings. I'm installing it on an 8' ceiling.) Also planning to get my TV mounted on the wall. Knowing how projects seem to go around here, I suspect there will be at least one trip each to Home Depot and Lowe's before it's all said and done. :rolleyes:

Sunday the plan is to do more ceiling patching and texturing, and shortening the downrod on the ceiling fan. (The fan LOML bought was made for high ceilings. I'm installing it on an 8' ceiling.) Also planning to get my TV mounted on the wall. Knowing how projects seem to go around here, I suspect there will be at least one trip each to Home Depot and Lowe's before it's all said and done. :rolleyes:

Only one, man, you're good... I usually have to make at least two or three for each project... one to get the part I need, one to take back the part that doesn't fit and get another that does, then another to get the parts I forgot or didn't know I would need, these are usually when I'm under the house, soaking wet from the water leak, having to crawl from the back side of the house through the 2 x 2 crawl door, through the water to the location of the leak on the front side or to the far end of the house, all around 4 miles of A/C ducting, under 18" high I-Beams and through the spider webs.

Only one, man, you're good... I usually have to make at least two or three for each project... one to get the part I need, one to take back the part that doesn't fit and get another that does, then another to get the parts I forgot or didn't know I would need, these are usually when I'm under the house, soaking wet from the water leak, having to crawl from the back side of the house through the 2 x 2 crawl door, through the water to the location of the leak on the front side or to the far end of the house, all around 4 miles of A/C ducting, under 18" high I-Beams and through the spider webs.

Are you sure your last name isn't Murphy? :D

I can relate, although the TV installation went smoothly. One trip to Lowes (about 5 minutes away) for a couple of electric and audio/video junction boxes before we started, then another one a bit later in the afternoon to get longer HDMI and CAT-5 cables. (I knew the existing ones were too short, but didn't want to buy any more until I had things installed enough to figure out the necessary lengths.)

Friday, we drove to Warsaw, IN, to spend the weekend with my daugher and her BF. We also met BF's parents, and we all got along famously. I was afraid the dad and I would bump heads over our politics, but he was totally cool, and as we both like the same things (scotch, cigars, old movies, etc....) we had a good time. Mailed my swap item to Tom in Lafayette, IN. It was just too far away to deliver it in person. I thought I would save money by posting it from the US. If I did, I hate to think what it would have cost to send it from Canada. Anyway, it was a fabulous weekend.

Are you sure your last name isn't Murphy? :D

I can relate, although the TV installation went smoothly. One trip to Lowes (about 5 minutes away) for a couple of electric and audio/video junction boxes before we started, then another one a bit later in the afternoon to get longer HDMI and CAT-5 cables. (I knew the existing ones were too short, but didn't want to buy any more until I had things installed enough to figure out the necessary lengths.)

I'm not a Murphy, but I am part Irish.. might be a relationship somewhere in there... Glad I don't have to run to Lowe's every time I need something... closest Lowe's is 40 miles south of me or 42 miles north... we do have a local hardware store that has a pretty good stock of things for the home repairman. Or in my case, the "home repair at man".