My wife Shandy - update

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers during this rough time. Unfortunately the damage that occurred almost immediately when she had a hemmoragic stroke on 12/4 was too much to recover from. We have removed life support and are using hospice now to keep her comfortable. They expect a week but possibly 3. I still covet any thoughts and prayers you might find time to send up for our strength and healing as we walk this last leg of the journey.

I have not contributed a lot to this form in the woodworking department but I'm always reading and absorbing. Thanks for having me in the family, this is an amazing group of people. I'll see you all when I get back.

I'm not so good with words at a time like this, but know that I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I do words for a living, but times like this I come up short, Robert. I'm wishing you and your family peace in these rough times, and comfort in your remembrances of Shandy in the future.

You guys would all make very good pastors!

Knowing that we have people in our lives that truly care is one of our greatest blessings. You are now learning this, Robert. I look on the gift you gave me a few weeks ago in your metal declaration that God is good. Still true but sometimes harder to see. Where ever else you find family, you also have family here. We will lift you in prayer and good thoughts. We wish you all peace, including Shandy, and the comfort that is sure to come in time. However else we can help, just say the word and we will be there for you. PM if you don't feel comfortable going 'public.'

And remember that tears are good, even for guys. Cathartic even. Without pain there was no love and here there is great love with you and Shandy.

Robert, I can't really add to what the others have said already, but know that our wishes are that you and your family stay strong at this time.

At times like this I always reflect on the words of a good friend that gave the eulogy for his 12 year old son that was lost to cancer, "They are only loaned to us for a short while, but what they leave will be in our hearts forever". I'm sorry to hear of this and prayers are with you and your family.

I cannot express my shock and sadness at this news. Be strong, for your family and yourself. The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

In my prayers always.