My wife Shandy - update

Robert, may God watch over your family and comfort you as he prepares a place for Shandy. It's always hard to understand why things like this happen but know that your family is in my prayers.

Bob,
My heart goes out to you and your family... I got tears in my eyes reading your opening post because I realized how lucky I have been... My wife spent from Dec 2013 until March 2014 in either a hospital or nursing center with a blood infection... she was released in early March and came home for 10 days... at breakfast one morning I noticed something not right and asked her if she was okay... her speech was just babble... so rush back to the hospital for stroke treatment, which lead to an open heart operation. I was lucky, she has recovered 90++% from the stroke, the open heart operation was a total success, but the blood infection ate away on of the discs in her back that allowed two of her vertebrae to fuse at an odd angle that is in-operable, she lives in pain, but All in all, I was lucky and still have her with me, so that was the reason for the tears for you.

I'm not a religious man, but it's my fervent hope that your God will smile on you and your family and help you in your time of need.