Segmented Project Planner software

Gord Rock

Has anyone used the Segmented Project Planner software and if so what do you think of it? I would like to hear some testimonials from users, whether good :D or bad. :(

I've downloaded it and don't find it as intuitive as I had expected. But then I'm certainly not a computer expert so that's probably not a big surprise.:eek:

Thanks.

.....Gord

Last edited:
I've not tried the software, but I seem to recall seeing others who'd used it and liked it. Until I can find you a link to back that up, it's just hearsay, though. If I get a chance I'll try to install and play with the software. I'm no computer expert, but I do play with software for a living. ;)

Well Gord, I played around with it for a few minutes, and found it to be about as intuitive as you did. Like, not at all. It looks like it has quite a bit of capability, but it sure isn't very self-evident how to get from point A to point B with the software. To the author's credit, I didn't really give it much time yet, and I barely cracked open the help. I haven't really given it a fair tryout yet, but my first impression is not glowing. ;)

Thanks for looking at it, Vaughn. I've spent a bit of time on it and the more I look at it the better I like it, but it is a bit of a struggle. The best thing I've found so far is his description of how to build his Acumiter Sled for cutting the segments. I think I will build one of those.:thumb:

Haven't quite decided yet whether I like the software enough to buy it or not.:huh: :dunno:

I also looked at Woodturner Pro that Bernie recommended but don't know which I like better yet.

.....Gord

I have used both woodturner pro and the segmented software that you are asking about. The woodturner pro is very easy to use, but is very limited, in my opinion, in what it can do. The segmented software has quite a few features that I did not realize it was capable of doing the first time that I used it. I used the woodturner pro for about 3 weeks of the 30 day trial period and did not purchase it. I used the segmented software one day and purchased it. One deciding point for me was the money back guarantee on the segmented software program. I also purchased it on a Sunday afternoon and figured to wait a while for the activation code as the web site says that an actual person has to send it to you. I ended up receiving it about 30 minutes later. Maybe I was just lucky, but it appears that someone is minding the business! I am not affiliated in any way with either business, just a customer of one. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a question. The pictures are the last 3 pieces I did. I finished a 4th one this afternoon!

Attachments

• segmented vase 1.JPG
    segmented vase 1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
  • segmented2.JPG
    segmented2.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-021F.JPG
    MVC-021F.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 18
Thanks, Robert.:thumb: That helps a lot. I was leaning toward the Segmented Project Planner already but your being happy with it pretty much makes up my mind for me. Thanks very much for the information.:)

.....Gord

I have used both woodturner pro and the segmented software that you are asking about. The woodturner pro is very easy to use, but is very limited, in my opinion, in what it can do. The segmented software has quite a few features that I did not realize it was capable of doing the first time that I used it. I used the woodturner pro for about 3 weeks of the 30 day trial period and did not purchase it. I used the segmented software one day and purchased it. One deciding point for me was the money back guarantee on the segmented software program. I also purchased it on a Sunday afternoon and figured to wait a while for the activation code as the web site says that an actual person has to send it to you. I ended up receiving it about 30 minutes later. Maybe I was just lucky, but it appears that someone is minding the business! I am not affiliated in any way with either business, just a customer of one. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a question. The pictures are the last 3 pieces I did. I finished a 4th one this afternoon!
That's the kind of info I was hoping we'd see...some real-life experience.

Nice work, too, Robert. I especially like the red one. :thumb: Is it padauk?

Padauk it is. Other 2 are maple and walnut. I was afraid to combine the padauk with anything else in case it bled over. Once you go segmented, you look at scraps on the floor in a whole different way. :rolleyes: