First Segmented Pen

Tom Baugues

Trying to step up my pen making and decided to try my hand at segmenting. Kit is a Round Top Euro from Rockler. Wood is Bocote and Cherry with aluminum. Nothing too fancy but I learned a lot in the process.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450455260.461301.jpg

Trying to step up my pen making and decided to try my hand at segmenting. Kit is a Round Top Euro from Rockler. Wood is Bocote and Cherry with aluminum. Nothing too fancy but I learned a lot in the process.
Hi Tom; The RT Euro. is a really nice style of pen. Next time do your segmenting on a slight angle to add some additional interest to the segmenting!

Hi Tom; The RT Euro. is a really nice style of pen. Next time do your segmenting on a slight angle to add some additional interest to the segmenting!

Hi Mack, I recently was able to see the "IAP COLLETION" in person and was so inspired by the quality of pens by yourself and others within that collection that I knew I needed to get better. Some very nice pens in that collection. I was seeing many of them that were segmented and I realized that adding different woods and material together was the way to go. My first glue up of materials was a complete disaster so I started with this and decided I have to start slow and build my way to more complicated designs.

Last edited: