Basement Finished Some Scroll Time, Finally

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Paul you have really found your calling. These are really great. What size blades are you using to cut these? What saw do you have?

The blade I use over 90% of the time is the Flying Dutchman, 3/0 New Spiral blade. It is the smallest spiral blade available. For picture type scrolling I have an Excalibur 21". It is a great saw.

C'mon Paul, admit it. You've really got a CNC laser engraver, right? There's no way a scroll saw operator could produce that kind of detail. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Beautiful work, man. :clap: I agree with Tom...this is definitely your forte. Your scroll work is in a class by itself. :thumb:

Paul, those are great. I'm not certain which I like the most, but I tend to love eagles so would probably pick that one if I had to choose only one.

Yes there is Vaughn. It's relatively easy, but a bit time consuming to do detail with a scroll saw, but can be very satisfying work. I do quite a bit on my scroll saws.

Attached are a few of mine. The dragon was cut from two pieces of 3/8" thick red oak pallet wood. There is a horizontal seam running across the middle of the two matched and joined together pieces. It's just below the clock. The cross was cut from one piece of mahogany. I carved the vines and leaves of the cross with a dentist drill after cutting it out on my scroll saw.

Hope you are all enjoying your Christmas today.

Charley

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: