Good Morning - Merry Christmas

Leo Voisine

Here I sit - quiet - comfortable - totally thankful for what I have. I have more than some and not as much as others.

I do have peace of mind and contentment.

At 11:00 am (been up and around since 6:30), the garage doors are wide open - heat shut off - radio playing Christmas music. It is 65 degrees and I am in a tee shirt.

The sun is shining - the air is still.

It is very quiet outside, almost no traffic. I can barely hear kids playing in the distance through the dense trees.

Diane is at work, and I will make our Christmas dinner, bacon cheeseburgers. yum.
By design, we will not exchange gifts.
Tomorrow we will be off doing something festive.

Today I am playing in the shop and doing some fine tuning on my new CNC machine.

I am content.
biggrin.gif

I fear not all are so content this day.

My prayer is that people can find the gift of peace of mind and contentment.

To all Merry Christmas this fine day.

The girl slept in!! Didn't wake until 6:45!! Nothing Santa brought required assembly either!! Merry Christmas indeed! Santa did forget to drop off some batteries though. :rolleyes: So a trip to Walgreens is in order soon.

Yup a very Merry Christmas to all, my biggest wish is for real peace and calm around the world. Very proud of my new country making the effort to give a few people some hope at a better life and peace in the New Year always grateful for being able to settle here myself. Have a good one all.

Leo
I read this just before Maxine was going to do a simple dinner and said. How would you like Bacon Cheeseburger instead? So I fired up the grill we may have a new Christmas tradition. Man they were good...

Thanks
Garry

Merry Christmas all !!!
Just my wife and I so we slept in until 6:30. Had to put in the turkey by 8:00 so I could get the ham done by noon. Seems strange not waking up to a house full of kids :( But half of my kids and grandkids will be here for dinner. The other half were either here last night or will be here Sunday.

I mentioned sometime awhile back that I needed to make a new manger for the church to replace the old one. Here it is in use last night. Usually we are dealing with cold temps and lots of snow but this year it's like being in Miami. Crazy weather but my oil bills are way way down :D

manger.jpg

All the Christmas chores are completed. And many Merry Christmas greetings have come and gone. My wish for all of you is a new year with good health, a little wealth, new things to learn, and old traditions to enjoy. Thank you for all you have been to me and each other. We are a true family. Lots of quirks, lots of diversity. A commonness of fellowship and best wishes for one another. Can't wait to see who may come forward with a family gathering this year and whether I can make it or not. Can't wait to get the tools out of storage and make some serious sawdust. Can't wait to meet new friends, to reconnect with old friends, to renew lost friends. Thank you all. You are the best family I have ever had!

Late to the party, but it was a good Christmas indeed. The past week has been a tough one, but nothing we all couldn't handle. My hope is that the new year is the best one yet for everyone. :thumb:

It seems I am not alone in getting my Christmas greetings out to those friends of years past. With this years move from the west coast to the central coast to be closer to family, I am just now getting my shop set up and starting to produce meaningful projects again. Though I am just learning how being involved in community can improve ones abilities, as I have leaked these pages on occasion looking for seeds to plant an idea that could potentially flower into a successful project.
My best to all and send my fervent hope that this will be a successful year for all.
Steve Tibbetts
Retired librarian with no tag line

I hope everybody had as good a Christmas as I and my wife did. We had the three children who live closest to us, and their partners home during Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, and we went to my older daughter's house for dinner. That may start a new tradition. :D