No, I did not fall off the end of the earth...

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
Though, you might have justly thought so considering how active I have been here over the past few months.

Things have been busy, as you might have guessed. I've gone back to work, as has Jan, as we try to save up a few extra dollars to facilitate our planned move to either northern Indiana or southern Michigan this coming summer. We are still on track, but things happen almost daily that alter our course a degree or two to one direction or another.

So much to plan and prepare for. We still have the two bathrooms to remodel and I need to build a closet in our den (that used to be a bedroom till I removed the closet). :doh: I hope to get the first bathroom done in early February. The second must be don by April as we intend to put the house on the market in mid May...IF all goes well.

My job, though only 30 hours a week for most of the year, goes to as much as 65 hours a week in the last month of each quarter as the sales team pushes to meet quotas. I work in the production area of a modem/router company updating firmware and adding accessories per customer demands at quarters end. The other two months I work in the RMA department playing detective. In either case it is mind-numbingly dull work, but it is extra money in the bank.

Not a lot of woodworking going on, but I have done a few things. I will try to get a few pictures posted.

In the mean time, sorry for the absence. Good to see all the regulars are still around and also happy to see some new faces.

Great to hear from you, Bud! Also good that things are getting back on track. Keep us posted, please. Continued good fortune for you, too!!!

Thanks everyone. It certainly looks like an insurmountable task from my current vantage point. As the time approaches my perspective will change and, hopefully, it will not appear so daunting. So much to consider!

We really can't afford to make a reconnaissance trip out in the spring to look up houses or properties, or even get an idea of which areas we'd like to consider. For that matter, we know we are likely to have to rent for the first 6 months to a year, but don't even have an idea on when or where that will take place. Scary stuff.

Like all large projects, I guess we will just have to take it one step at a time. Right now the first step is to put the closet back in the 3rd bedroom and begin paring down on the belongings in an attempt to lessen the amount of stuff to be moved - and insure there is room on the truck for my tools!

Hi Rennie, I would put in a pitch for Michigan. Of course I am a bit biased. I don't envy you in the whole idea of moving. I myself am considering the possibility in the next 3-6 years. If I do that it will be for the last time. I'm sure you remember the hills and lakes of Southwestern Michigan. It sure is a beautiful area. Of course you would then have a short drive over to Lake Michigan. Be sure to send out a message if you need some assistance in regards to checking out a property. I do get around the state quite a bit and am over in Grand Rapids often. I do a bit of business in Battle Creek also and have other excuses to get down in the Kalamazoo area on occasion. I will pm you some contact info.