Little pagoda boxes

Those are cool, Peter. The lids would be an interesting milling project.

They are beautifully executed, Vaughn. The artist clearly had a process, due to the lids' uniformity of shape from one to the next, but I couldn't figure it out.
For some reason they put me to mind of Stu's little square plates and other small items he's made. I'm sure he'll jump in here with a theory.

As to scale, the base of the box wasn't much more than 2.5 inches square.

Wood Magazine did an article a few years back on those, looked like a nice project but I never did make one. You could probably look up the plan on wood magazine.com if you are interested in the process. Looked up the article, it was back in 2007 issue #176

Last edited:
Wood Magazine did an article a few years back on those, looked like a nice project but I never did make one. You could probably look up the plan on wood magazine.com if you are interested in the process. Looked up the article, it was back in 2007 issue #176

Right you are, Stu and Charles. I didn't download the plan yet, but the intro page refers to bandsaw and drum sander jigs for making the lid. Just might not be as mysterious as it first appears.
Might be a winter evening's project to play with this.

I think this is just a stealth gloat that u in sunshine and warmth while we deal with white stuff. :) But its waiting on ya when ya returns if u out there in the pacific.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think this is just a stealth gloat that u in sunshine and warmth while we deal with white stuff. :) But its waiting on ya when ya returns if u out there in the pacific.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hahaha! I guess I'm busted!
It is very nice, I have to say. Winter held off until after we left and they've had two 25 cm snowfalls in NS in the past week, but I've hardly seen any snowplows since landing in HNL. We're considering becoming illegal aliens until April.
I did get a very nice piece of koa at Aloha Woods though. I also checked out the frozen fruit section at Safeway, Rob, so figure I can write the whole trip off now :D:D