2nd Friday of a New year so what's everyone got planned.

Don Baer

Staff member
I'll do my usual volunteer time at the food bank,people still gotta eat and then tomorrow I have to put away the Outdoor Christmas decoration assuming the weather co-operates. Sunday is Church and I may watch a little of the play off just to see who's gonna play the Cardinals next week end. I also sneak in a little time on my 1st electronic project in many many many years. Mostly doing design work and sourcing materials at this point.

So what's everyone got planned.

Family movie night tonight. Taco pizza, popcorn and a yet to be determined movie. Tomorrow I should have a few hrs in the shop to complete my dust deputy cart (pics to follow). Might be the last day in the shop for awhile...old man winter is on the way. Sunday will be indoors with a fire, the Packers game and a pot of chili...high of 9 degrees!!

I think we're without the grandson tonight, so may get some trim started for the pinball cab. I've got a new processor coming for a different computer, so as cold as it's supposed to get I may just work on that too. Have lots of chores to do around the house and going through a "throw it all out" phase, so no telling what you'll find in our trash this next week.

Today, I'm running some test cuts on polycarbonate templates on my CNC. One more tweak and I should be good to go. This afternoon, we pick up our newest kitten, Bubba, from the vet - now he'll be known as Bubbette!

Saturday will be some shop time - continued organization and playing with CNC stuff, of course!

Sunday - usual routine - brunch, chill, etc........

It's supposed to be cold this weekend so hibernation time. Blower on furnace went out the other night, got that fixed so hopefully we're good to go.
This afternoon need to finish cutting board for brother. Hate it when to cold to work in shop. Put last of Christmas stuff away. Whew!!!!!
Then work on display for Christmas village next year. Needs painting and antiquing.
Wife always finds a picture somewhere and says make me one these. Keeps it fun.
David

Today is helping a church cover its buildings in tarps as the roof completely failed with the heavy rain of this week. Can't do a lot, but I can cheer lead and 'holding other end.' Tomorrow is CNC time. Sunday I am preaching for a pastor friend. In between I am putting together the paperwork necessary to find another job.

Last edited:
2ponies.jpg Lou and I have purchased these two beauties for the grandkids. We bought three mini donkeys for them at Christmas time. This will be the first summer all 5 will have their own to call their own (however they decide the outcomes!) It is a craigslist buy so have been burned in the past with people selling early. Talked with these people, they preferred the ponies stay together and so we were the first to want both. Have 2 hour one way trip to get to them tomorrow. Once they are home and settled in and all things done, probably call it a day. Supposed to drop in temp and snow Sat. night into Sunday so looks like a good day to relax. Only have an hour of daylight after getting home with the bus and have hit it hard on the firewood splitting.

I'll be doing this later this evening with three of my best friends...

IMG_0811 1024.jpg

Saturday will be more guitar playing as I'm working on songs with another band where I'm replacing one of their guitar players. We have a show next weekend, and I still have a lot of learning to do.

At this point it looks like Sunday will be mostly spent slounging around the house, although that could easily change between now and then. ;)

Continued work on the convertible dresser/changing table as it needs to be completed (except for finish) buy next week Sunday for a baby shower. Also need to sneak in an oil change on one of my cars today since it will be around 40 degrees today and changing to winter tonight with 4" to 8" of snow, guess I better get the snow blower in the garage from the shed also.

then there's a very nice piece of koa that followed us home....:D

:thumb:

Friends brewery grand opening is today (Saturday) so we'll be heading down for that this afternoon. I'm going to try and get some tap handles made in time, will see how that goes. Tomorrow back to work on a project I started three or four years ago to make a simple table for the sewing room. I also need to make a bottle opener plaque, and sew the leather soles onto lomls knitted slippers (but that may slip into next week, it's a good evening project).

View attachment 94133 Lou and I have purchased these two beauties for the grandkids. We bought three mini donkeys for them at Christmas time. This will be the first summer all 5 will have their own to call their own (however they decide the outcomes!) It is a craigslist buy so have been burned in the past with people selling early. Talked with these people, they preferred the ponies stay together and so we were the first to want both. Have 2 hour one way trip to get to them tomorrow. Once they are home and settled in and all things done, probably call it a day. Supposed to drop in temp and snow Sat. night into Sunday so looks like a good day to relax. Only have an hour of daylight after getting home with the bus and have hit it hard on the firewood splitting.

Reminds me of one of my favorite new commercials. Brent now thinks I want a mini-horse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRy9oBGp8IA

Not much planned... my stepson is in for the weekend for his monthly home time, so pretty much do whatever he wants to do.

Looks like I may have spoken too soon... played in the shop today and discovered the e-ring keeper on my spindle has slipped out of the groove AGAIN and so tomorrow I may be tearing the lathe down AGAIN and replacing the spindle and bearings.

Reminds me of one of my favorite new commercials. Brent now thinks I want a mini-horse

Well they are home and they are what the people represented them to be! Just went out and checked the barns for the evening, everyone is settled in and doing well. The paint is the gelding and he is 37" tall and the sorrel is the mare and she is 40" tall. His name is Cowboy and her name is Cricket. He is 4 and she is 5. Both supposedly broke to drive.

On another good note, the rain has not changed to snow, the forecast has changed from 4-6 inches to 1-3 inches.