It's Friday - 1/15/2016 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Woot! :) I've got a long weekend, plan to do a little cleanup around the shop, take in the new star wars movie, and maybe hit some restaurants (it's restaurant week here this week https://www.kcrestaurantweek.com/). I've got a bunch of new parts to play with for the pinball, but really need to just get the trim finished up on it.

What's everyone else got going?

well my plans are up in the air, we were going down to Brother in Law for some R&R involving golf, food and football but now it'sup in the air due to m daughter in law being in the hospital for kidney stones. We are presently looking after our granddaughter so we shall see. I will be watching football as The Cardinals play host to the Packers in the division playoff game and I also want to see if we will be playing the Panthers or the Seahawks. GO Cardinals...cardinals.jpg

Bobbie and I kicked off our weekend with lunch at George & Louie's today. My favorite is their Shrimp PoBoy and Bobbie says the burgers are the best in the country!

As to shop time, I'll run a couple of pieces I need for my CNC this afternoon. Saturday, I should be able to run some other pieces and do a bit of cleanup.

Sunday will be a day of rest!!!

CJ is coming for the weekend, tomorrow will saddle up the two new ponies and let him see how well they are broke. Then have to move some bales around while it is nice. Then I need to run a couple cherry, walnut and oak boards through the planer as my students are going to be making a bowl out of a board and man the price of cherry and oak!! Sunday a buddies new wife is having a birthday party so need to go to that. Otherwise, a pretty easy weekend.

Kind of started the weekend last night playing a show at The Barley Room (one of our favorite venues) with the Donohoe & Grimes Project (the band of longtime best friends that I've been playing in for the past three years or so). Saturday night I'll be back at The Barley Room with another band, CRB (Classic Rock Band). They're an established band whose lead guitarist had to quit due to job obligations. Should be an entertaining night. It will either be a great show or a trainwreck of epic proportions, lol. :D

The rest of the weekend will likely be spent recovering from playing two shows in rapid succession. I'll also be helping a bit with the ceiling repairs at my dad's place, and doing a few other chores to help him out.

Taking today off and playing around in the shop. I banked a few vacation days from last year and need to use them in the first quarter, so today seems like as good a day as any.

Tomorrow Having some company over for some playoff football and a dinner.

Sunday hopefully more shop time playing with the cnc.

Whistlers hamburgers tonight. These are local White Castle greasy goodies. Tomorrow 2 basketball games with grandson. One in hometown then one at 8pm. Then Sunday 1 more game. That little guy is going to be flat wore out as is parents and grandparents. That will tie up my time so will probably miss playoffs. Go Green Bay!!!!!!
David

Enjoying new freedom! Got two sheds cleaned out and rearranged yesterday. I did hire a guy to do the lifting. I directed traffic. Still was quite tired and sore on the end of the day. But I managed to go to the community theatre play last night with friends. Glad to report no ill effect today. Heading out to work on the CNC for a bit and then visit a friend who had surgery this past week. Church Sunday as a mere parishioner which is nice. Coach cleaning Sunday afternoon and ready for laundry on Monday. Clearing my calendar to make atrip to AZ over Superbowl weekend to attend the memorial service of a good friend which failed to survived surgery last week. Heads up, Don Baer. We are going to try this again. Watch your email. A ho-hum week end.