Pecan Wood Cookie/Candy Jar

Dave Hoskins

Finished this up yesterday afternoon. Would have posted it then but I had to go eat tamales. It is hollowed out to where the walls are just over 1/2" thick with an estimated 3/4" base thickness. The outside diameter is 9" with an inside lip diameter of 3 1/2". The total height is 7" with the vessel depth of just over 4 1/2". As I always seem to do the wood was sealed with walnut oil and then given another coat of it. The two big cracks were filled with superglue and coffee grounds. There was some spider cracking on the outside and it filled in nicely using thicker than normal coats of a walnut oil/shellac mixture. I checked it again this morning and it is still nice and smooth. Perfect for using as a cookie jar or filling up with M&M's.

Thanks, guys! The M&M's actually is something I buy only about once about every other month. Especially since I went on a high protein diet and am losing weight which I really needed to do. It just ain't proper to be almost as big as the logs I bring in. But, good tamales are addictive and there is a place about 5 miles from me that makes REAL GOOD ONES!!! Whoa they be good. Gotta get some 2 times a week or I am having withdrawals.