Just a little weather here

Chuck Ellis

I know you guys from up north aren't going to think much of this, but this is first of the season for us here....

Back yard.jpg
From my back deck up the hill behind the house.
Backyard and pear trees.jpg
Slight angle to the right behind the carport and towards my Bradford pear trees.
Driveway-Mailbox.jpg
Down the driveway towards the road and my mail box.
Barn across road.jpg
This is the old tobacco bard that sits across the road from me.
Front yard.jpg
Out over the front yard towards the garden area.
Front yard and street.jpg
Front yard and down the road towards town.
Neighbor driveway.jpg
Out the back door towards the neighbor's driveway and across the road.
Shop area.jpg
Out the back off the back porch towards the shop area... the shop sits behind the evergreen
and behind the wood pile. A walnut tree I picked up about 3 weeks ago.

I know must of you northerners are used to much more than this, but it's only been coming down for about an
hour and half... started about 11:30 am and it's just now about 10 after one.

Out here in the desert southwest (at a mile high in elevation) we've had more snow in town already this year than I remember from past years. Our last big snowfall (about 6" or so) was a couple of weeks ago, but we've still got patches of snow in the yard on all four sides of the house.

That's not too bad right now, Chuck. What will be interesting is how much you end up with. We have feast or famine during the winter here. We had some snow right after Thanksgiving that was about 5". Maybe a bit less. None since then. I like the snow as long as I don't have to work in it. Luckily being retired, I don't have to worry about that. I have my little stash of emergency food and plenty of firewood, so bring it on! I'll just sit back and be lazy.

Chuck, that's mighty purty! But, just don't let it get any further south!!! It's been plenty cold here in south GA and we don't need any of that stuff around here! :eek:

Knock on wood, we got about an inch yesterday, but no blizzards yet. Though I bought a jeep so I wouldn't have to shovel the drive anymore anyway, the daughter is on her own, can shovel out a spot at the end of the drive. ;)

We've had snow on the ground since Dec. 24th. Got just under 2" fresh last night too. The worst is that it's been really cold here for a week or so, but that should change in a few days. I'm ready to get back in the shop and see the brown grass/weeds again!!

It didn't snow much past about 2:30 or 3 pm... just cold now... first cold we've had this winter. Up until about 4 or 5 days ago we were in short sleeve weather. Supposed to be cold tomorrow, but warming up a little, maybe some rain in the air... But I'm a southern boy from South Texas. don't do well in cold weather.

... But I'm a southern boy from South Texas. don't do well in cold weather.

Yeah...I was born and raised in Waco, spent about 8 years in the San Antonio area and 18 years in Houston before moving to Florida. Spent 8.5 years down there before moving to south Georgia. So, Waco is the farthest north I've ever lived and that's OK with me!!!

The only snowfall we've had so far wsa about 10 cm. I did shovel that, but it was so light that it was hardly a workout. I still have to get my snowblower somewhere it can be tuned up so it starts again. I may end up going the whole season without really needing it.

Yeah...I was born and raised in Waco, spent about 8 years in the San Antonio area and 18 years in Houston before moving to Florida. Spent 8.5 years down there before moving to south Georgia. So, Waco is the farthest north I've ever lived and that's OK with me!!!

Bill, we were practically neighbors... I was born about 1/2 way between Donie and Jewett, grew up all around Freestone and Limestone county, and a couple of years in west Texas and the Panhandle.... then Graduated high school from Teague.... After Graduation joined the Navy and stayed in CA for 15 years before moving back to Houston for about 25 years... My wife is from illinois, but this is as far North as I went.

Chuck, we call that a dusting.

So far we have not had much more than that and not much more in the next 15 days.

Sure is pretty.

May be a dusting there, but it's been major news for two days here... I was expecting to have to learn to ski to get around or at least have to tunnel out of the house to the shop or garage from all the clamor about the snow.... it is pretty though.