It's the weekend!

Peter Rideout

So, what's on the weekend program?

Looks like a quiet one here, some inside and outside work and maybe dinner and a movie with my wife. Looks like the big US east coast storm is going out to sea, a good break for us.
I was tempted to load the old tractor and head for Washington, looking for folks waving $100 bills!!:D
If you're in that area, take care folks. Lay in supplies and don't have a heart attack.

Last edited:
Saturday is my grand daughter Abby's birthday so tonight my wife and I are taking her out to dinner and going to see Star Wars :D

Saturday we are going to her party at her house then food shopping. I just found out that I;m getting some type of award at the upcoming Lions Club mid winter convention. I'm told I need a suit. I haven't worn one in years and the one I have is probably too small (I'm told that they can shrink 2 or 3 sizes if stored unused in your closet for a long time :rolleyes:) so my wife will probably drag my fat butt to the store for a new one :(

Sunday we will be watching the Patriots beat the Broncos :crossed:

Saturday is forecast to be a frigid day for us. Well, frigid by south Georgia standards - we'll keep the fireplace going and stay inside.

So, I'm getting a few things done in my shop today - milling some cherry and walnut, preparing it for some maple veneer to make some name plates.

Sunday should be a full day of rest.

Will spend some time sorting out a shed into some semblance of order so I can find things. Working on the CNC cabinet (which is why I need to sort out the shed!) Church on Sunday and will help celebrate a friend's last Sunday as our organist. She is moving out of town to be closer to children, an affliction of old age I m told. Will miss her. We did lunch and community plays once in a while. Should start sorting paperwork for taxes but not holding my breath. Still taking it easy on the foot though I am now able to place more weight on it without discomfort. Podiatrist said my wound healed like a 20 year old! Told him that's what happens when you let God be in charge. Wound care doc hated me saying that. He actually thought he was responsible! Some doctors suffer from an amazing amount of arrogance. Things are good here and I am thankful.

Picking up a new bed for the girl tonight after work...then the night will be spent putting bed together and rearranging her bedroom 10-20 times until it's the way she wants. :doh:Saturday morning if warm enough I will be in the shop finishing up my dust deputy cart...started the day after Christmas, but have been delayed by very cold temps....that's all I know so far. The wife will let me know how the weekend ends after that.

I guess we are going to get a little snow. They say 1" to 10" and keep changing the story. Either way - I am pretty sure it's gonna snow.

Soo.

Set the thermostat to 70 and play CNC all weekend. I think I am going to make a big "V" block so I can square up the Osprey legs. I need to make the diameter perpendicular to the end faces. Really, I should have done that to start. Live and learn.

I may try to get more video posted also. I need to do the unloading uncrating and moving into the shop video.

For tonight - I really need to bring in 3-4 days of firewood. I think I need gas for the generator and snowblower also.

Hopefully getting a few deliveries to finish up some display stuff and wiring on the pinball. Not planning much other than that, will be spending time with the grandson the rest.

There was some kind of fall out last night, the ground around here is all covered with some kind of white powder, so guess I'll hang around the house and try to not annoy the wife TOO much.

Spent some time in the shop yesterday, turned on my little oil radiator and got the shop up to 40 degrees...

Starting a couple more cigar box guitars and some small boxes. The big storm passed north of us, leaving less than 2" of slushy snow. Probably be gone by tomorrow. Looks like a good weekend for popcorn, movies and football.