just a bit of snow

Shelly and I have been in waiting it out. Jarrod took the 4x4 van to work with a snow removal contractor so I'm stuck. Kind ofliking it. Shelly made a 9 bean soup I've been going out now and then to blow off the driveway and walk , the 2nd hand blower works great. We got just about 30"s. Thats a 3 split rail fence.

Attachments

• 20160124_172818.jpg
    20160124_172818.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20160124_172827.jpg
    20160124_172827.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 51
We are on the other side of that same storm. It's gone now and we got maybe 6-9 inches. Just enough to need to clean it. I is certainly pretty. Nice break from all that summertime green.

Last night I made breaded baked Cauliflower, with marinara dipping sauce. I thought it was pretty good, Diane said is was OK, but don't do it again.

Temp in the teens, morning coffee. I will wait till about noon to clean up the mess.

Dave here I thought we were the great white North. I see you guys took the title this year.
Take it easy cleaning up that lot. Don't want to lose any of u to snow clearing.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

don't know the exact totals right now, but as of midnight last night, kennedy airport had 30.5 inches of snow. we live right on the east side of the airport.
Im guessing we ended up just shy of 3 feet of snow now that's its over.

Take it easy there guys.

Normally, we would be in the heart of that storm about now, as the weather patterns usually move up the coast and across the Gulf of Maine, but happy to report not a snowflake here and a bit of blue sky showing. Newfoundland might get a brush though.

Be safe.

Well we only got about 24 inches here near Lancaster, Pa.. I just broke a shear pin in the auger. SO came in to warm up before I try and fix it.. For some reason even though it came down lighht and fluffy it is pretty hard to blow.
I figure three days or so.

Snow

I'm just North of Charlotte, NC and most of the storm seems to have been East of me. Here is a photo taken out my living room window of the snow on my front lawn and the lake. I took the photo after it stopped on Saturday. Most of what we got was sleet, so walking on it is like walking on ice marbles and it just barely covered the grass. I'm hoping it will melt in the warmer temps today.

Charley

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 20
if my math is correct, the area of my driveway I cleaned is approx. 1000 sq feet. 36 inches of snow, makes that what? 3000 cubic feet of snow.
at 20 lbs a cubic foot, I just finished moving 60 thousand lbs of snow. My snow blower turned 19 years old this past November.
Only 2 repairs of 150 dollars total over those 19 years. Best investment Ive made as far as machinery.

front yard and back yard.
my entire property is only 45 x105, but both front and back have snow now piled 4-6 feet.
the only area dug out of the back yard is a narrow path to the shed so I could put the blower back in there.
didn't want the snow and ice on it melting in my garage/shop

this morning when I blew near the garage, some creeped in and I have all my jet clamps hanging on that wall.
A lot of them had snow on them.
Elen cleaned them all , then to dry off the insides, she had a good idea, she got a hair blower and blew dry all the clamps that were wet.
That was her third time in my shop spending more than 20 seconds in there.

front yard and back yard.
my entire property is only 45 x105, but both front and back have snow now piled 4-6 feet.
the only area dug out of the back yard is a narrow path to the shed so I could put the blower back in there.
didn't want the snow and ice on it melting in my garage/shop

this morning when I blew near the garage, some creeped in and I have all my jet clamps hanging on that wall.
A lot of them had snow on them.
Elen cleaned them all , then to dry off the insides, she had a good idea, she got a hair blower and blew dry all the clamps that were wet.
That was her third time in my shop spending more than 20 seconds in there.

I didn't get all that much. Maybe 6 or 8 inches. After my morning coffee I went out to the shop till about 11. The outside temp was up to about 34. I spent about 3 hours cleaning. Temp is not 37 degrees. The snow got heavy and clogged the snow blower a few times.

Darren, wherever theres room, only thing, I should have taken the trash bins out of the way before I covered them in snow.
but neither rain, sleet, snow nor freezing temps, will keep me from pushing through more woodworking projects.
this one, a small Cherry/spalted maple toy chest/blanket chest for my newest niece for her first birthday.(wont be able to apply finish for a bit, but I have a few projects I want to finish during the winter, so Ill line them up for finishing as soon as the temps are back to 50 and higher

Attachments

• snowmageddon2016 005.jpg
    snowmageddon2016 005.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 25
  • snowmageddon2016 003.jpg
    snowmageddon2016 003.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 23
  • snowmageddon2016 002.jpg
    snowmageddon2016 002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 23