chinese balls - Claude Lethiecq interview and book.

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
Well even with the book and even with his jigs on a plate and suppose he even made videos it would still be above my pay grade. lol I have absolute respect and amazement for people like this guy. Amazing work in so many ways.
Thanks for posting it Ryan.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

His book is really mostly a series of construction notes and requires a fair bit of deciphering (at least at my level of understanding there is a LOOOT of deciphering :rolleyes:).

One thing he did that I really do like though is his sphere jig. The commonly referenced top end[1] commercial one is the vermec (http://www.vermec.com/vermec-sphere-turning-jig.html) and imho Lethiecq's design is substantially more robust and easily adjustable.

[1] there is also the cart products one but it appears most people who've seen both consider it less robust and not as easy to use.

For simple sphere's just learning to hand turn them looks like it makes the most sense although I haven't gotten around to trying the idea .. yet... loml will probably think I'm even weirder than usual, I can hear it now "you made a bunch of... spheres? why?" :rofl: :