Long time lurker first time member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes I only have a few pictures handy on my phone most of knives and drawings I've done recently becoming a new father kinda put all my working on my projects in the back seat for the time being but I am excited to start with wood and I'll be asking alot of questions I'm sure and anyone who has any metal questions feel free to ask I am a useless dump of smithing knowledge...my first few projects will be scroll saw projects, my grandfather had an old pedal powered one when I was a kid he loved working with it...mine is more modern but I hope it brings me the same joy...I'll leave with this picture of my last knife concept that I never made...this one in the picture is a template made from crumy steel just to give me an idea of what I wanted to do but I never made it out of a good hard steel anyway I rambled enough again thanks all for the welcomes 20151029_163107.jpg

James, seems like a lot of work for a prototype. Can it be annealed or tempered to increase its durability/sharpness? I love the design. I am not a blacksmith by any stretch of the imagination, been a farrier since 1977 so do know some about pounding metal on anvils and have played around with making knives and items from steel.

James, seems like a lot of work for a prototype. Can it be annealed or tempered to increase its durability/sharpness? I love the design. I am not a blacksmith by any stretch of the imagination, been a farrier since 1977 so do know some about pounding metal on anvils and have played around with making knives and items from steel.

Yes sir it could be tempered and made a little harder but not to the point of being a good blade, if you were stranded the woods it would come in handy but it's not something I would sale to someone...and I go through all the trouble of doing it with crummy steel to get a feel for it, like with this blade it's easier to twist the handle in this steel then it would be in stainless so I can get a feel for the twist I need is it worth the time and effort no but does it keep my mistakes on good steel down to a minimum yes very much and I don't do it for all of them just ones I've never tried