Any minute now...

Roger Tulk

I will become a second time grandfather! My lovely, beautiful, intelligent daughter Hilary was due yesterday, so we are all on tenterhooks waiting for the phone call. We know it's a boy, we've all made our bets on the weight, but we are not sure what he is going to be called. Probably Francis (Grandfather) or James (Father) but they may stick me in as a middle name (not Roger for God's sake, but they can have Norman.) Watch this space for news as it happens.

Congratulations Roger... I'm jealous... will not get to be a grandfather.... my kids have opted to be childless... can't fault them for their choice...

and there's nothing wrong with Roger... My brother was a Roger(he passed away at 13) and I have a nephew Roger as well (named for his uncle)....
Now me, I always hated to be a Charley... that was the name intended for me by my father (from his favorite uncle)... luckily, the doctor put Charles on the birth certificate and that p****d my dad off.... Navy friends all shortened it to Chuck and I've been Chuck ever since....