Da Ball.....

Stuart Ablett

Well, I've been practicing more, with the HF rig and the video camera!

Da Ball Part 1 <- YouTube Linky

Click the link, and you will get SIX minutes and TWENTY seconds of me talking too much, boring you to death with my hollowing rig in action, LASER guided too!!!:biker:

Yes, you have been warned, it you wake up sleeping on the keyboard, don't blame me :D :wave:

Parts 2, 3, and 4 will be along soon..... :eek:

Nice job, Stu.:thumb: I can't see the laser on the video but with my color-blindness that doesn't surprise me much. I'm looking forward to seeing the other parts when you complete them.:)

.....Gord

Yeah, the laser it a bit hard to see, I think it is better in the other parts.

I made the laser "Dot" a lot smaller, I just took a thin piece of cardboard, and put some double sided tape on it, then cut it into a small circle, and stuck that on the tip of the laser. I then carefully made a small hole in the cardboard to let the laser out.

Works great!

Cheers!

Stu great video.I have never seen a hf bowl turned and have a few questions.
Does the laser light show through from the inside and that is how you know you have the right thickness?Do all hf tools come with laser lights and if not how did you build yours. Thanks for any informaion you can give me.
Ken

Stu great video.I have never seen a hf bowl turned and have a few questions.
Does the laser light show through from the inside and that is how you know you have the right thickness?Do all hf tools come with laser lights and if not how did you build yours. Thanks for any informaion you can give me.
Ken

Hey Ken!

The Laser is on a rig that is above the cutting tool, it shines straight down from above.

I set mine about 3/16" beyond the cutter edge, so there is 3/16" air between where the laser dot is and the cutter edge, that way, whent he laser is no longer hitting the outside of the HF I know I'm at 3/16" thickness (cutter is inside the HF, the laser is shining on the outside).

Does that make sense? :huh:

I'll take some pics tomorrow, if I get into the Dungeon.

I just made mine up from some hardwood and some rods I had laying around, I want to make a much better laser holder, as the one I have now, is a pain to adjust, I use a hightech adjusting tool to move it around................ yes, a hammer :thumb: :rofl:

Cheers!