Barbara Eden of the T.V. show I Dream Of Jennie

steve kelly

This was one of my all time favorite T.V. shows. So I decided I would give it a shot at carving a doll of Barbara Eden....I'll let you decide whether or not it looks like her.....It took me about two months to carve it and make her outfit....I want to give credit to my lovely wife for giving me very good instructions on how to make the clothes....It's around 28 or 29 inches tall, jointed at the ankles, knees, hips, elbows, shoulders, and neck, and made entirely of hardwood maple.....Just to let you know.....I won't feel bad if someone wants to point out something they feel I could have done different or better....I like friendly constructive criticism involving both positive and negative comments in-order to improve any future outcomes.....So here it is: P1120733.jpg P1120744.jpg P1120746.jpg P1120748.jpg P1120752.jpg P1120766.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work! You should send a link to this thread to the Barbara Eden Fan Club. Who know, she might even see it and contact you?

That really is nicely done, you are quite skilled. You realize that admitting we've seen that show kind of gives away our age?:eek:

Last edited:
Steve,

That is incredible. You really need to try to get pictures to Barbara. It might even result in a visit with her. She can't help, but like it.
Your carving abilities are way beyond mine.

Charley

Thank you Paul....I'm not a real expert at carving the human body....I've gotten a lot of ideals from real artist experts on line that know the human body.

Thanks Carol....My wife has informed me that I forgot to sew ric rac trim around the circles on the waistline...I didn't even know that it is called ric rac...I though it was just plain lace...So I have now done that and here's the new picture:P1120792.jpg