It's The Weekend!

Peter Rideout

Looking forward to a nice, quiet mid winter weekend here, after a busy week of travel and meetings.
I'm making some progress in the shop and planning some minor upgrades and repairs there and in the house. Also, getting some paperwork caught up and off my mind. Then, some good food and movies.

What's on your program?

It's a 3 day weekend for me and I'll be starting the downstairs bathroom remodel since the grandson won't be home. The plan is the pull all the drywall and replace it with new and may put in a dropped ceiling to be able to access mechanical stuff easier. Also need to replace the main waterlines for the house while I've got it open. Never know how things will go until the walls are open though. Other than that I may get some time to get the LED lighting on the pinball machine. My wife and I already did a V-day dinner this week and stuff with the grandson and daughter last night, but I may come up with a surprise for her. ;)

Woodturner's meeting tomorrow afternoon with my dad, then out with some friends while the girl hangs with her cousins. Sunday will be shop time after more snow shoveling, 3-5" on the way Saturday night...looking forward to the higher temps predicted for next weekend. :)

Home from my Arizona trip. Have really bad laryngitis and I have to preach this Sunday so am laying low and nursing the throat. Laundry will have to wait. Free shipping at Lee Valley so I have to get my order in for the t-slot tracks for the CNC table.

well lets see no..... no football........ no race...... honey do list is caught up...... hmmmm guess I'll just have to goof off. Maybe do some shop re arranging Since I don't do any wood working in there I need to re purpose some of the space. Make room for my new top secret project. I will do my food bank volunteering this afternoon and as usual church on Sunday morn.

I've been down with a cold for the past few days, then on top of that I threw out my back this morning while coughing. Should make tonight's gig interesting, but as they say, the show must go on. ;) We'll be celebrating Lincoln's birthday a bit early. :D

Lincoln-day.jpg

Saturday will be a combination of working at a friend's dry cleaning shop and rehearsal with my other band.

Sunday I'm hoping to just veg out and do as little as possible. It's been pretty hectic and stressful around here for the past month or so.

Supposed to snow tonight. Their is a bike show tomorrow near Baltimore and a hunting fishing show in Harrisburg Pa. What to do , What to do......
I really would like to get the finial coat of Epoxy on the spray booth floor maybe finish a book on the Rev.War

It's supposed to be cold and rainy this weekend with snow coming in on Monday and Tuesday... If I can get the shop up to at least 50 degrees, need to work on my art project for the art guild's spring art show... working on building a couple of kaleidoscopes and maybe a teleidoscope.

So much to do.

Spray weeds
Pull weeds
Put down pre-emergent in places
Move Camper
Take down old above ground pool
Get ready to run electrical to pool location
Start Spring Seeds
Clean up garden
Clean out Chicken Coop
Organize Shop
Keep moving weeds up on the hill to get ready for the spring burn.
Move firewood

Always a lot to do. Actually looking forward to it. Lots of moving around.

The day weekend here as well. Saturday is a bit of shopping that we've been putting off including a trip across the river and maybe I'll sneak in a haircut since it's been six or more months. Sunday is brewing while the weather is good; pale ale, saison and dunkel weiss. Monday perhaps a little shop time.

Our house is nursing colds too, first time in many many years. With son home for reading week and Lindas bday and Valentines day, well that pretty much sums up the weekend.

Take care of the cold and the back. Is that a Mockingbird? What year?...

Good eye. It's a relatively recent Asian Mockingbird. I don't actually use it with the D&G Project but Jeff (the bass player/Photoshop guy) had it in his folder of Vaughn pics, and it fit position-wise. I also have another Mockingbird. It was a prototype for the entire model line, handmade in the mid-'70s by Bernie Rico himself. I don't take that one out to shows anymore. ;)

Turns out the cold is an acute upper respiratory infection, compounded by COPD. Spent the morning at Urgent Care and have an appointment with my bed right about now. Yuck...at the weather here is gorgeous.

I'll sneak in a haircut since it's been six or more months. Sunday is brewing while the weather is good; pale ale, saison and dunkel weiss.

I get haircuts much more often since I cut my own hair. Maybe 3-4 times a year instead of twice.

I'll be brewing tomorrow too! Pliney Clone and a Graff. That should fill the fermenting cabinet for now.

Sounds like the cold season is upon us. Fighting the second one this season but not quite as bad first one. They're all bad. Just snuffing and blowing.
Staying away from crowds. Everyone get better quickly.
David

What happens when you put in 20% English crystal malt instead of 20% wheat malt in a saison? You make an English mild out of it, that's what. A little iron brewer moment right there. Looks like it'll be a pretty decent beer anyway, just way way different than what it started out as.