Thanks Forum Members..... First Completed Project

Bob Beasley

Many thanks for all the help I received here! I've now built 4 of the many windows I need for my old cottage.
Sash's are reclaimed old cypress, with new growth cypress jambs. Insulation is spring bronze. They're single hung guillotine style.
The goal of this was to match the old windows that are in the original cottage.

This has been so much fun and so satisfying, I think I'm keeping my wood working equipment and building a shop next.

window1.png

That's got to be very satisfying. Be careful. Next thing you know you'll be out there wading in the swamp for sinker cypress.

That's so true, the sash wood came from a torn down old school building. They threw everything shorter than 4' out in the woods to rot as they thought no one would want it. Cypress being cypress, it didn't rot much and I ended up with these throw aways.... perfect for sash.

Many thanks for all the help I received here! I've now built 4 of the many windows I need for my old cottage.
Sash's are reclaimed old cypress, with new growth cypress jambs. Insulation is spring bronze. They're single hung guillotine style.
The goal of this was to match the old windows that are in the original cottage.

This has been so much fun and so satisfying, I think I'm keeping my wood working equipment and building a shop next.

window1.png

at the age of 53, I refused to pay 179 dollars for an Adirondack chair.
I went home, using my 30 y/o hand me down cheap tools and built 2 chairs out of 2x4s.

that was it.

Its worse than heroin. 10 times worse.