Soggy-Though Not Complaining

Dave Hoskins

It has been raining all week. Not complaining, well sorta. With my shop being open in the front, I really can't get nothing done. I think my bones are even a bit soggy. The closest lake to me is starting to come up to the roads. But, this being Texas I should not complain at all. Those lakes need to be full to the brim when summer starts. So, according to the weather minds we have two more days of this rain coming and I might as well shut up about it and go eat some tamales. At least I can get out and do that!

I guess if I had a herd of turtles around here I could watch turtle races. Plenty wet enough. :D

Saw on the news that there's a bit of flooding going on in Texas... None at your place I hope.

I remember when Allison blew in over Houston (about 11 years back) and sat for 3 days raining... I10 just about a block from my office was flooded deep enough that Semi's were floating and I was on the wrong side of the river to get home. It took me about 15 hours to get home after work... wound up at a funeral home for almost 12 hours waiting until the rains let up enough to wade out to my nephew's truck... had to leave my car in their parking lot in 2 feet of water... the street was almost waist deep when I waded out.

It's not flooding where I am. Down around Lake Weatherford there is some problems. I know yesterday the lake was lapping at the roads. It hasn't rained any today, just drizzling and such. I know about them thar hurricanes. Went through two on the East Coast and not a good experience. We are pretty saturated right now. This round is supposed to be gone today. Only problem is it looks like it will start up again Thursday. At least I get to get some work done.