That day again - Friday

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Special day today. Date with JimB. More later. Usually Fridays are working on Big John. I did get a little cleaning in this week. Will order the new engine next Wednesday. Have a deadline on that project - mid June.

Tomorrow back at the CNC. Its going slow but steady. Sunday the new day job. Beginning of Holy Week. Very busy for me.

This morning I will be stocking up on critter food. The bins are getting a bit low. That's probably about all I will get done as the rain is supposed to be here after noon. Supposed to be. If no rain, I will get some more roughing out done. Play with the dogs. Tomorrow if possible I am going to get my tomato beds ready as well as the pepper beds. Already have some cantelopes sprouting. Be nice to get a good crop this year. Who knows after that. I don't.

I start a week of vacation after today, but sanding drywall and adding more mud tonight, more of that Saturday and probably Sunday too. Some vacation huh? Actually my son and his wife are coming to town next week. They have a busy schedule since both are from here, they both have family to visit. Hopefully I'll get a day at the range with my son, other than that I've got lots of projects to keep me busy.

Ham coming out of the brine tonight. Dry overnight. Smoke then for 24 hours. Looking good for Easter. Might even clean up garage while smoking ham. Ordered more cheese levers for cheese boards. Now wait till they arrive and put them all together. Was nice outside now it's getting cold again so stay inside and keep warm. Next week warming up so out go house plants and hello garden time.
David

Friday was a date night with LOML for dinner at a favorite New Mexican restaurant.

Saturday night I'll be playing a show with my #2 band. This will be the last gig for this band...they've decided to part ways. I've only been in the band a few months, but I joined to fill the vacancy left by a departing guitarist so they could play the shows they had already booked. No big loss IMO...this band was strictly a business proposition for me. They're all nice guys, but they're in a different place musically than I am. By contrast, my #1 band is made up of good friends (some of whom I've known and played with since the 1970s) who know how to act professionally at rehearsals and performances.

Sunday I hope to get some more of my backlogged yard work taken care of. :rolleyes:

Buys weekend coming up.

Sunday is our annual Lions Club pancake breakfast. Today is spent setting up at our local elementary school. We have 5 flat top grills that need cleaning and will set up a tent that covers the grills and us cookers. Sunday we serve pancakes, sausage, real maple syrup, fruit toppings and scrambled eggs. Will probably have up to 300 eaters.
Come on up and eat all you can. Tickets are on me :wave::D

double birthday party tomorrow. My daughter turned 30 yesterday, the big three O, and I make 61 tomorrow.
gonna meet my daughters boyfriends family first time tomorrow. I hope they move things along and get me some grandchildren. Im selfish. I don't want to keep waiting.

Late to the party this week. Bobbie and I drove to her folks home near B'ham, AL on Thursday, then back home today. I also met several of Bobbie's cousins for the first time - she had made arrangements to meet them for lunch and get some information for our family tree. We're just chillin' now and I'm looking forward to a full week in my shop!