Coffee table

Jeff Horton

Built this several months ago and rushed it through for a gathering my wife was having. Was never happy with the finish on it. Just brought it back up from the lab and it's better but still not to my standards.

finished1.jpg finished2.jpg

Jeff

Top turned out nice. It's lacquer.

Paint is latex that LOML wanted to use. (1st mistake)

Then I let her convince me I could brush it on just fine and not have go have some enamel mixed. :rolleyes: (2nd mistake).

She is proud of it so thats what matters.

I get to build another one similar from Walnut or Cherry for a Christmas gift so I get to finish that one one MY WAY! :thumb:

Jeff

Top turned out nice. It's lacquer.

Paint is latex that LOML wanted to use. (1st mistake)

Then I let her convince me I could brush it on just fine and not have go have some enamel mixed. :rolleyes: (2nd mistake).

She is proud of it so thats what matters.

I get to build another one similar from Walnut or Cherry for a Christmas gift so I get to finish that one one MY WAY! :thumb:

Jeff
Dear Jeff,
The fact that she is happy completely negates your concept of having made (mistake#1) and (miatake#2). Your bigggest mistake is thinking she made a mistake with what she wanted you to do. When you did it wrong to your thinking it was right to hers and you reap the benefit being confused but right. Congratulation for a job well done!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Stuff happens,
Shaz
It actually looks quite nice :thumb: , I'm glad you got to brush it on.:rofl:
Been there:eek: Been wrong! :(