Unscathed - I Think

Dave Hoskins

Texas in the springtime, as well as some other areas, is renown for it's pop-up storms. Had one yesterday evening. Lots of pea to dime sized hail, heavy rain, and high winds. Looks like we dodged another bullet here. Again. This time of year I always wonder how long my luck will hold out. But, the best I can tell all is OK. I haven't checked the back acreage, but I'm not too worried up about that. At least there were no tornadoes this time. :thumb:

Glad to hear you're OK. had some warnings last night just north of us, but mostly got the wind, rain, and hail last night. It was 75 yesterday and had a little snow this morning.

I have seen hail storms here strip all the leaves and bark off the trees as well as the roofs and siding off of houses. These pop up storms can get real nasty. We all know what tornadoes can do. I think Missouri can get some nasty stuff as well, Darren. And, the NE can have some nasty stuff, but usually at least up there you have more warning. With these pop storms, there just is not a lot of warning for the most part. I just stay ready to batten down the hatches all spring long.

Well we had freezing rain and snow starting Wednesday evening. Yesterday driveway was an ice rink worst I have seen in 10 years or more. Had to go out in my car and oh boy while try to clear enough off windscreen I had my feet go out from under me and hit the deck without warning. Landed on my side a bit shook up.
Had tried salt but ran out. For years now I have ended the season with bags of salt left over. Not this one. Anyhow all in one piece.
Can't wait for this spring to end or get started in earnest which ever it is going to be.lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Steve, if I some control over it I would. I haven't looked at the Drought Monitor lately but I honestly thought you out there were getting some rain. I know you don't want me to share the hail with you. Rob, I sympathize with the hitting the deck. I did that Monday but not the same way. Somehow while walking down my rock and dirt road, I had a rock slip out from under my left foot and I twisted the left knee and hip. Then the hip went out like I had disjointed it and I was flopping around saying nice things to all the wild critters that would listen. Managed to get up by flopping over to a young red oak and pulling myself back up. AWK!!! Not fun. Been slow going since. Getting better. I'm behind on my turning due to this but life goes on.

Dave, We've been getting some rain along. We've averaged about 10% of what you've had. You get 6" and we get 0.6". That's ok don't have to fight your humidity either.

We get some dirty weather here sometimes, but nothing like those wild storms in the southern US in the spring. Glad to hear that one passed you by.

Rob, get yourself a pair of those little ice grippers that stretch over your boots and keep them by the back door. Just takes a second to snap them on. A broken wrist or ankle is a tiresome thing.