board run finished

allen levine

well, just about. started with 9 boards, 3 were taken sunday at party(gifted), one to chef, one to amateur chef, one to relative.
heres the six that are left. just about dry and ready for final coat of wax/oil
some of these were in other pics I showed, and the other boards might have been in the pics also.
all are min of 1.5 inches thick, none are smaller than 11-12 inches, all have rubber feet with stainless steel screws.

Attachments

• finishedboards 005.jpg
    finishedboards 005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 36
thanx for the kind comments.

its a good way to get rid of the boards that were cupped and one that had too many knots to be useful for much else.
a lot of cutting and trimming. I finally used some of the hickory I had sitting around for 7 years.

david, do you sell boards, or are they all for gifts?

I try to sell some of the cheese boards are local deli. The others are for sale but usually end up as gifts to family and friends.
Craft fairs have done to well for me.
I am going to work on the larger angle boards and also the tumbling block board. Just to keep busy and maybe someone would like to have one.
David

PS I still think we need an intervention for our obsession.

I try to sell some of the cheese boards are local deli. The others are for sale but usually end up as gifts to family and friends.
Craft fairs have done to well for me.
I am going to work on the larger angle boards and also the tumbling block board. Just to keep busy and maybe someone would like to have one.
David

PS I still think we need an intervention for our obsession.

not an obsession for me......the reason I only do them twice a year. Make enough to gift out so Im good.
they are time consuming with all the cutting and sanding. Then I need space to oil and let them dry.
I just finished a blanket chest and a book case, I had some down time.

I'm guessing the wood projects are the obsession. I just love to get in the shop and create. Doesn't really matter what project just make saw dust.
I think it's in my genes. Fun making stuff worry where it will go later.
David