Howdy from Peters Creek, Alaska

Brett Luna

Glad to find another nice looking online spot to talk woodworking. At 55, I'm sort of half newbie, half old-timer, having plugged away at the hobby off and on for about 30 years...more off than on, really and not too seriously at that. But a couple of years ago, I got back into it with a vengeance, as an outgrowth of all the DIY improvements I've been making to our house in the last few years. I'm a hybrid woodworker with a very small shop (er...garage...half of it, anyway) and I've been slowly filling gaps in my woodworking skills and education.

As the thread title suggests, I live in Peters Creek, Alaska (in the Municipality of Anchorage) with my wife, a dog, two cats, two grumpy squirrels residing in the woodshed, and the occasional bear that wanders across the deck. My other interests include cooking/grilling/smoking, fly fishing and fly tying, shooting, photography, cigars and libations, and too much more. I look forward to getting acquainted.

Welcome to the clubhouse, Brett. :wave: From the description of your pastimes, it sounds like you'll fit in real well here. :thumb:

Welcome to the Family, Brett! :thumb:

I know what you mean about the "off and on" thing. Fortunately, I've been "on" for the past 17 years since retiring and I'm lovin' it!!!

Dive in and let us know how we can help you.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. You may be our first Alaskan, least that I know of. I truly envy you, living in Alaska, at least if it is half what I dream it is like there. Always thought it would be a great place to live, last frontier and all, but never made it. Don't think I would ever talk my wife into it at our age now...

Welcome!!! You sound like the poster boy for this woodworking outfit we call "Family Woodworking"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to seeing some of your past projects and hear what your future projects are going to be.

Howdy Brett!

Sounds like you have a lot going on, which equates to a lot of interesting things to talk about in my mind so looking forward to it :thumb: Looking forward to seeing what you have going on.

Welcome aboard, Brett!!! :thumb: In days gone by I have been to Anchorage several times. Passing through to other areas mainly. Glad to have you here and looking forward to your entries.