We got or Carvey from inventables today

Thanks guys. I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids. I also have two of the 1000mm kits sitting in my room waiting to be assembled. Right now we are in the middle of making trebuchets. Those should be finished middle of next week and then we have to make two tables for the x carves. I applied for and won two grants for the x carves. I applied for the two grants and entered the inventables contest hoping to get one of them and dang if I didn't get all three! That's alright just means more time for each kid on the machines. I also got an oneida portable dust collector with one of the grants too.

I had one of the kids ask me the other day if I thought he could make a solid body guitar on one of them. I said I don't know but we will sure try!

:thumb: Good news all over there. Sure is nice to see that there are still folks like you who are pulling for this sort of thing. It wasn't where my life ended up going for the most part but the industrial Ed I had in high school had a significant and lasting influence and the general decline of it has been real concerning to me considering how many kids won't get that opportunity so kudos to you for carrying the torch along. I think it's really hard to quantify how much difference this can make in a lot of people's lives.

That's awesome, good job on the grants and getting things up and going. :thumb: So what was the material you were carving there?

Thanks Guys. This is my first year teaching STEM and it's been a blast!

The material is HDPE that is 1/4 inch thick. It has a thin layer of black then white then black. Inventables has it in several color combinations.

I applied for another grant that I'm fairly certain I'll get. If I do I plan on getting enough to give each kid a 6x6 square and let them design something and then make a mosaic to hang on the wall.