Its coming your way Boston folks

Rob Keeble

This is what we woke up to

uploadfromtaptalk1459768828147.jpguploadfromtaptalk1459768841020.jpg

Was nice green grass last evening and our towns and province cut back on ploughs etc end of March.
Its a mess as a result.

Take care North Easters we don't live in the Mid West or South Lol so no chain saw , haul out the snow blower.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What can one say, Rob? You have your kind of storms up there, we have our kind down here. The biggest difference to me is you usually have some kind of warning that a storm is coming. Lots of times, we don't. They just pop up and rip the beejeevers out of whatever is around. Especially them darn tornadoes. I had one once tear a house down near me, skip over me altogether and flatten the next several in it's path. Weird. :huh:

Got some yuchy slushy stuff Sunday morning, but we drove down to CT anyway. Nothing there - just cold and windy.

Supposed to be snowing all day today - have not seen outside since this morning. We have no windows

Well it was sure a snappin' cold morning here today. -12c, Wind NW 50 gusting to 70 (straight from Hudson's Bay I think). I left the screen in the back barn door overnight (always tricky balance of ventilation and temperature) and the sheep all had the covers pulled right up to their chins when I went in this morning !
We must be getting soft after those 16 degree days last week and thought it was spring.

the sheep all had the covers pulled right up to their chins when I went in this morning !

:rofl:

I have to say that on occasion reports from elsewhere make me more pleased with my current area.. Its looking to be a balmy 80F by thursday and not to shabby earlier in the week either. The main downside is that I had to mow the lawn last weekend and spend a bunch of time yarding.

Well it took me 2 hours to get home and I had a really hard time getting my light 2 wheel drive empty pickup into my unplowed driveway with about 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow.

I got stuck far enough in to just leave it there.

It's been 20 years since I have seen any significant snow in April. It doesn't happen often.

My daffodils are all smashed down.

After this we are forcasted with early March weather.

I'm ready for spring. It's not supposed to look like this.

Pics as of 6:00 April 4 2016 in southeastern mass.

April4-1.jpgApril4-2.jpgApril4-3.jpgApril4-4.jpg

There is about a 7.5 inch rise on the stairs

We had 4 or 5". Should be gone by the weekend. I didn't even bother to take out the snowblower. We usually have several snow storms in April. Sometimes a few in May as well.
I can remember when I was living up North by Mt Washington we had snow In June and July.

Added about 1.5 to 2" more since the pics

I would estimate 8 - 10 inches total.

I wonder if this is a record.

I put the snowblower away last Saturday.

I am not going to bother trying to clear it away.

Well that sounds like an inconvenient mess. But this time of year it'll be all gone in a couple of days.
I don't know where that storm went. We usually get Boston's weather a day later, but it's a cold, blue sky morning here and warm rain coming the end of the week. Very unusual.

Last edited:
What can one say, Rob? You have your kind of storms up there, we have our kind down here. The biggest difference to me is you usually have some kind of warning that a storm is coming. Lots of times, we don't. They just pop up and rip the beejeevers out of whatever is around. Especially them darn tornadoes. I had one once tear a house down near me, skip over me altogether and flatten the next several in it's path. Weird. :huh:

They do get a little nasty some times and do some strange things... saw the aftermath of one in Freestone county when I was a kid... it hit the ground in a plum thicket, tore up a strip about 20 yards wide, jumped the road, landed in a persons yard, went between the house and their detached garage, ripped the corner off the garage roof and never touched the house... I've never been in a tornado or around when one was on the ground, closest ever was a few years back we had one that skipped across the country side here, ripped a mobile home to shreds, twisted the i-beam under pinnings into pretzels and tossed them across the highway, then skipped up a ways, then ripped through town... the locals said it passed behind the baptist church that's down the road from me about 1/4 mile... didn't see much sign of it, there is a house that's near the church that had three trees taken down, one in front and two on the side. The house is probably close to 100 years old, vacant and wasn't touched. -- go figure --

Added about 1.5 to 2" more since the pics

I would estimate 8 - 10 inches total.

I wonder if this is a record.

I put the snowblower away last Saturday.

I am not going to bother trying to clear it away.

In East Tennessee and North Carolina yesterday it was mid to high 70's... only going to be about 60 today... and I have a ton of yard work to do as soon as the temp gets closer... only about 40 degrees when I woke up.