Photo Tour of a Harmony Instrument Factory, 1904

Thanks for the link Vaughn. GREAT story.
Real interesting look back at past manufacturing.

Just in time was not something known in thar Era. Lol look at all the work in progress. Wonder what total employee count was and earnings per employee.

Interesting tour... I think I owned one of their guitars when I was a teenager... never did learn to play it. I'm one of the most un-musical persons you'll ever meet... I'm not sure I can even play a radio well.... My uncle gave me the guitar when I was about 10 or 12, he had it for a number of years and don't think he ever learned to play it either.... after I got out of the navy I was packing to move back to California and ran across it... I gave it back to my uncle to give to my cousin... he was a music major... haven't seen him in 20++ years, so don't know if he played it or not.

Very cool. I can't help but look at the duct work in the sanding area and wonder how they powered the dust collectors.

Interesting tour... I think I owned one of their guitars when I was a teenager...

My first decent electric guitar was a red sunburst Harmony Rocket that my folks bought me in about 5th grade. When we went shopping for it, the choice was narrowed down to either that or a Gretch Chet Atkins signature model. They just couldn't quite afford the extra hundred bucks or so the Gretch cost. (Nowadays both guitars would be collectables, but the Gretch would fetch a lot more money than the Harmony.) I played the living dickens out of that Harmony, though. Pretty much wore it out. I played it until about my sophomore year in high school, when I bought myself a better guitar.