New Tool Shed

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Finally took some pictures.

The week before Thanksgiving (one month out of the hospital - what was I thinking?!?) I bought a shed from Costco. A friend came to help get it up. I have been dinking with it since.

My tools are in three zip codes and right now, I have two major projects going on (Big John and the CNC). I have a place to work but I need to schlep tools there. The first challenge is to dig the tools out of the three trailers they are in in one zip code. Bring them to this zip code so they are available and then schlep them to the work site zip code to use them.

Hence the new tool shed. Got some old file cabinets and shelves to house stuff. Like Stu, I have to get clever with storage ideas. But I am pretty happy with the new arrangement.

Tool Shed closed.jpg

Tool Shed open.jpg

Tool Shed left.jpg

Tool shed right.jpg

Thanks, guys. But it is not organized yet. Haven't had time to get the label printer out there and get some tags on things. I'll get a shot of the little red wagon tomorrow. :D

Carol so do u have trailers now for sale?

Carol is that she'd polypropylene or some other material and can you say what size it is please. Brent an you really have me thinking.

No trailers for sale yet. The shed is only 8'x15'. Can not hold three trailers worth of stuff! Yes, the shed is some sort of plastic. Walls are 6' but the purlins are much higher. Even my 6'6" friend has no problem in it. Looks nice. It's waterproof. Didn't have to paint or put shingles on the roof. It has a plastic floor as well. but that has to go on a flat strong surface.

And I can sell it easily when (and if) I ever yet to build my house.

Slow down, Carol! You're making the rest of us look bad. :D I had my eye on a similar shed model at my local Lowe's. I'll have to check out Costco. ;)

No trailers for sale yet. The shed is only 8'x15'. Can not hold three trailers worth of stuff! Yes, the shed is some sort of plastic. Walls are 6' but the purlins are much higher. Even my 6'6" friend has no problem in it. Looks nice. It's waterproof. Didn't have to paint or put shingles on the roof. It has a plastic floor as well. but that has to go on a flat strong surface.

And I can sell it easily when (and if) I ever yet to build my house.

I've seen those at Costco here, very intriguing!

Your shed is 8'x15' just for a reference, my Dungeon is 14'x23' so your little shed is 37% of the size of my shed, actually your shed is larger than that, because I lost so much space in each corner...

shop1.jpg

shop4.jpg

http://www.ablett.jp/graphics_jpgs_pics/workshop/n_e_ped.jpg[img]
[IMG]http://www.ablett.jp/graphics_jpgs_pics/workshop/n_w_ped.jpg
You can see the large chunks of space that I lost, so I'd say your shed is about 40% of my whole workshop.

Yeah you are organized, have to be or all you do is move stuff to try to find stuff, a lot of time wasted doing this all day....

tumblr_ma2679pvjo1r948g4o1_400.gif

I'm sure it is a good investment, it is always nice to have more storage that is fairly safe and undercover.

Cheers!

The wood looks nice, but I suspect it's more labor than I'm willing (or able) to put into it. Plastic seems prudent at this point.

I've enjoyed putting mine together, but from a practical standpoint Carol's certainly would have gone together much faster....